Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

A little poll.

What series would you prefer to play in?

• NPPL Super Seven Series

Votes: 64 62.7%
  • PSP standard

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • PSP X-ball

Votes: 26 25.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 6 5.9%

• Total voters
R

raehl

Re: Or maybe...

Originally posted by Baca Loco
Ah, Chris, I never wonder about you.
Well you should. I'm just crazy like that.

Anyway, I don't put a whole lot of stock in the internet polls. Maybe they're accurate, or maybe thepeople sayign they're going to switch are ust saying so because it's the cool thing to say right now. Or because the S7 is still in the stage where it sounds really good on paper.

It's still early. Maybe S7 pressure will push PSP to try new things they didn't want to risk trying before. Maybe one of the two will crumble. Maybe they'll coexist relatively peacefully. Maybe they'll evolve separate customer bases - which I actually think is pretty likely if they're both successful (read: profitable). People seem to think it's one or the other. I don't agree. I think both leagues will offer something different, and it won't be that one option is inherently "better" than the other, just that some people will prefer one and some people will prefer the other. More people get exactly what they want, which is a good thing for everyone. Giving more people what they want means you have more room for people to participate. A lot of what (I think) has been holding tournament paintball back is that we're just getting too big - this lets things spread around a bit to more managable levels.

If I had to take a bet, I'd say the PSP league will evolve into the "die-hard serious player" league of people who REALLY REALLY want to go play pro X Ball eventually. And S7 will evolve into the more "fun" league of people who like to take paintball vacations, i.e. where the paintball is more of an excuse to take those days off of work and travel than it is something you really need to win. And I'm sure there will be a lot of crossover as well, also good. Either way, there's more than enough players to go around.

- Chris

Manning26

I have to disagree with you Rael on your categorization of the respective leagues, although my predictions are long-dollar.

I say the Super7 edges PSP by the end of the season for the simple reasons of being more world unifying, the smaller format translates much easier to X-Ball, and I think with the forecasted, large quantity of interested teams signing in, the flock will... er, flock. PSP is the same as it ever was, and S7's the new, shiny league, and I believe that to be the draw right now. I'm, of course, just a cynical as the next fella' pertainaing the problems and shortfalls this league will surely have this season, but along with many others, I'm willing to risk it... I mean, how much worse could it be? I've said before that the players will go where the pro's are, but I also believe quality will supercede all else. Now, if we can just get some quality, eh?

Mike Oxbig

Nov 12, 2002
Visit site
I have a question..

How is Chuck gonna be able to handle all the responsibility of running a major tournament series if he can't even handle:

A. His responsibility towards the NPPL of having quality reffing at all of last years event. You do know that reffing is the responsibility of Chuck and the NPPL don't you ?

B. His responsibility to series last year where he was supposed to take care of all the prizes. Again he blew that off and PSP had to HIRE someone else to do it.

C. He can't even hold his job at national, where he did nothing anyway.

D. He was supposed to send out ID cards to everyone this year, I paid my $25, where is my god damn card. The only thing I did get was Paintball Sports Magazine.

Seems like he is too busy making Trading cards and setting up sabotaging events by having his ****ty team pull shady calls to screw the rightful teams out of the win. (see vegas traumahead) :rolleyes:

Bobvannes

Sandbagger
Oct 6, 2002
USA
Visit site
Chuck is a figurehead to the S7 series. Kind of like Ronald McDonald is to McDonalds. It isn't his job to actually do anything. The series isn't depending on him to do anything at all, so don't fret about it.

Please don't forget about Las Vegas, the only solo PSP run event in history. It was the worst event I've ever been to. The only cool part was some peeople got a free ride from the field, in an ambulance.