Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Advice for a Back player

Tiny man

Weebl and Bob!
May 16, 2003
Shropshire, England
Are any of u guys or gals out there back players coz thats where I play for my team and I need advice on how to be a better back player, is there anything any of you have found useful in the past as a back.
Cheers

Tonymicjoe

Master Blaster
Well...

Stay Tight.
Sweet spot off the break, see if you can reduce the other team from the start.
Relay information about where the other team broke out to.
Eyes and ears open, You are the communication centre for your team.
Do Not Stop Shouting. Make sure calls are relayed, counts are kept and people are not playing their own game.
Do not allow yourself to become pinned into your barricade, you need to be up and out on people the whole game.
Push your front guys to get up the field, they will not be able to see as much as you, so help them out.
Dont be afraid to go with the push, when it happens.
Co-ordinate the game plan, get the push happening or lock up the field if you are on the back foot.
Basically, be loud, be on the trigger, be last man standing.
I think thats it.

:D

mikeyR

Apr 3, 2003
Sussex, England
I agree with the others, shout a lot and shoot paint even more than shouting. Because of this I offer the following advice:

Have a large bank account:D

Suck throat lozenges and drink plenty of fluids (keep voice/throat from drying up).

Kick Butt, your team as well as theirs, because if the s**t hits the fan your the one that cops it most, especially if your outnumbered. If your copping it, it means the front/mid guys could of done better.

Be prepared to do a flag run, you might actually be the last man from either team so stay fit.

Good Luck:)

le-pig

the brotherhood
May 16, 2002
isle of man
Visit site
Originally posted by mikeyR
I agree with the others, shout a lot and shoot paint even more than shouting. Because of this I offer the following advice:

Suck throat lozenges and drink plenty of fluids (keep voice/throat from drying up).

Kick Butt, your team as well as theirs, because if the s**t hits the fan your the one that cops it most, especially if your outnumbered. If your copping it, it means the front/mid guys could of done better.

Be prepared to do a flag run, you might actually be the last man from either team so stay fit.

Good Luck:)
most teams buy paint as a team,if you can't cover the front players because you can not afford anymore paint they are in a world of poo;)

Meyer

Yeah, all sounds good especially the bank account...

Also, if your playing on a 5 man team or some situation where you will be consistantly playing back partnered with someone else, play with that person a lot. In practice make sure your together all the time, develop a sense of each others game so much so that you can anticipate their move in a given situation. Do this with whichever front player's you might be working with to, hell do it with your entire team, but focus on your back partner, because if it comes down to just the two of you, working together you would be hard to dig out.