Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Advice for a Back player

TOOLE

Banned
Feb 27, 2003
back players don't have to be big, it's just that big people because they can't play front due to being too big.

i'm 6"3-6"4 and play mid, so there ya go!! :)

mikeyR

Apr 3, 2003
Sussex, England
"Have a large bank account"

When I made this comment I did leave out reference to the 'team' bank account, sorry peeps. As my learned colleagues point out, if the the front guys dont pay up for paint, you cant keep them safe!

As for size, I'm 6ft and 15 stone and never been a quick runner. I chose back or it chose me due to these circumstances plus also I like to shout/control things so it suits me to keep an eye on the overall game. Back players dont get the respect their due but without us the front guys couldn't pull off muggings etc. WE ARE THE BEST PLAYERS (IMHO)
:D

Tiny man

Weebl and Bob!
May 16, 2003
Shropshire, England
Originally posted by mikeyR
"Have a large bank account"

When I made this comment I did leave out reference to the 'team' bank account, sorry peeps. As my learned colleagues point out, if the the front guys dont pay up for paint, you cant keep them safe!

As for size, I'm 6ft and 15 stone and never been a quick runner. I chose back or it chose me due to these circumstances plus also I like to shout/control things so it suits me to keep an eye on the overall game. Back players dont get the respect their due but without us the front guys couldn't pull off muggings etc. WE ARE THE BEST PLAYERS (IMHO)
:D
Amen to that :D

stongle

Crazy Elk. Mooooooooooo
Aug 23, 2002
The Wynn
Visit site
Don't believe the hype with all that gotta be big to be a back. Yep Height helps, but being wider than a Dorito does not. No offence to the big guy's but having 3 portly backs can seriously shoot you in the foot. Sometimes it can be better to play a front at the back or develop a small back player. In this instance your losing (or should be) your safe cosy back bunker. Learn to move, and be prepared to play on the 30's and 40's if you have to.

Getting it in your head your just a back player is gonna ensure you never develope your game fully.

By the way I used to be a right chunky monkey, lost some weight and played the 50, I'm now 5ft 6, 10 stone play at the back and carry 14 pots into a game (dumped 10 in one game at last m25). So size don't neccesarily mean sh*t.

Oh and check out da Huntingdoen beach DVD:D

Albercent

Alb 2k3
Oct 19, 2002
Devon
Visit site
cheers for the plug TOOLE, sadly its sold now, i really was letting that go for silly money, it sold within 5mins of putting the pics up

shockers are sweet and wonderful backline markers, they run pritty well on co2 compared to most things as well..

Al.

PaRaDOx

-~=]APE[=~-
Aug 18, 2002
England, devon
www.dphiance.net
hum back i play back im short and fast and i still play back, humm :rolleyes: . Na i find shout LOTS AND LOTS make sure the communication never stops and SHOOT a shed load of paint..

Also back players dont just sit there, i found myself muggin there last player and gettin/returin the flag once.. :p

Hope it helps

Cheers
Adam

zapplez

Jun 26, 2003
Visit site
if you only have that much money i would recommend playing as either a mid or a front, because you need a better marker to play back