Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Advice needed

briggsy1uk

Sep 29, 2014
Hi all. Looking at getting into paintball and need a bit of advice. Do I pay as much as I can afford on the best marker I can get or do I spend money on gear and get decentish 2nd hand marker, bottle etc. Thanks in advance.

Big_jim

Team PUPS/PBM
Feb 10, 2010
The only item it is essential (IMO) for you to buy brand new is your mask. Try them on if you can and buy the one which fits best regardless of price.

Everything else I recommend second hand. Some real bargains out there if you buy from reputable sellers.

briggsy1uk

Sep 29, 2014
Thanks, was thinking along same lines. Quite like the look of the vforce masks(trip to lips is in order!).will have to post more in able to reply to adds though.

Big_jim

Team PUPS/PBM
Feb 10, 2010
As for a second hand marker I recommend either a looked after Empire axe or Etek 3. Reason being both are coming up lovely and cheap right now and both will give more than enough performance and reliability to last you a while with the added benefit of their prices have been fairly stable so should you choose to upgrade or find paintball is not for you you can get most (if not all) your money back by selling on.

briggsy1uk

Sep 29, 2014
Thanks again. Used a friends invert mini last week (nice), then had a go of his mates ego9 (omg). Choice is really etek 3, older ego 8 and maybe invert mini. Suppose it will.come.down to.whats around at the time.

Oct 4, 2014
Etek or ego are a good choice, I tryied the geo and Etek last week and the Etek feels right for me. try as many markers as u can before u buy.

alexd

http://essexaces.co.uk
Feb 17, 2006
Essex
www.facebook.com
Welcome! Like most sports you can get an adequate set-up for relatively little money, but generally the more you spend the less compromises you make. Like buying cars, new is great, previously owned will offer more value. Depends on your goals...

What are you considering playing e.g. woodsball, walkons, sup'air (tournie)? That will influence you purchasing

Also what budget would you have and where are you based?

briggsy1uk

Sep 29, 2014
Thanks forabove comments. More interested in woodsball and walk ons (wrong side of 40 and not the fitest). Managed to get a good deal with the lads at just paint ball for mask and playing gear.so just need to sort out marker (someone has suggested a5 ss a good starting marker).

briggsy1uk

Sep 29, 2014
Oops forgot to say im based cambs/beds border and. Looking at spending £200 for marker.