Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Air at home

Jun 6, 2010
Whitstable
www.bgoddard.co.uk
and for the record Transport is not a problem I already have cage and stickers thanks for the heads up though. Safety is priority for me in any case. The sites in Kent local to me are not that keen on supply air, so this is the main motivation for the tank plus a bit of target shooting in the garden.

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
That's great thanks, just a couple more questions on this. How can you tell the difference between a land only tank and a diving tank? And what is the test intervals if I were to buy the diving tank. Any clues where I could fill it too? thanks again
Don't take it as gospel - but scuba cylinders need a visual test at the 2 1/2 year point (including internal viewing), dependant on the condition it either passes or may be shot blasted for any corrosion and then be subject to a full hydro test.
On the 5 year point they are subject to a full hydro test.

A surface use cylinder won't need the interim visual inspection, however it may be up to the dive centre that you turn up to if they accept the last test date. (It may be as simple as a 'surface use only' label)

Specifics on test regimes may also vary for the cylinder classification.

It would be best to speak at your nearest dive centre and get the specifics from them, and dive centres would be the main source for fills

Jun 6, 2010
Whitstable
www.bgoddard.co.uk
Don't take it as gospel - but scuba cylinders need a visual test at the 2 1/2 year point (including internal viewing), dependant on the condition it either passes or may be shot blasted for any corrosion and then be subject to a full hydro test.
On the 5 year point they are subject to a full hydro test.

A surface use cylinder won't need the interim visual inspection, however it may be up to the dive centre that you turn up to if they accept the last test date. (It may be as simple as a 'surface use only' label)

Specifics on test regimes may also vary for the cylinder classification.

It would be best to speak at your nearest dive centre and get the specifics from them, and dive centres would be the main source for fills
That's great, are there any visual differences so if I get one of Ebay say I can tell which is which?

NitroBall

SandStorm
Feb 20, 2006
Derby
That's great, are there any visual differences so if I get one of Ebay say I can tell which is which?
I use to have a dive tank at home purely for testing after teching markers.
I did not see anything visual labelling the use, i believe it is all down to the owner in regards to if it is used for diving or surface use.
The 2.5 yr visual inspection just incase there corrosion forms from being in the water.

You really do not need a dive tank if your intentions are just to shoot some shots in the back garden.

Jun 6, 2010
Whitstable
www.bgoddard.co.uk
I use to have a dive tank at home purely for testing after teching markers.
I did not see anything visual labelling the use, i believe it is all down to the owner in regards to if it is used for diving or surface use.
The 2.5 yr visual inspection just incase there corrosion forms from being in the water.

You really do not need a dive tank if your intentions are just to shoot some shots in the back garden.
Thanks for that, I understand but I will be running 3 markers from it on a site that is really unreliable for air plus as with you I need to test after maintenance. Also a few shots at targets.