Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

all female teams?

Originally posted by Hatts

There was a US team called the Black Widows who were a really nice bunch I met at EMR a couple of years back..no idea what happened to them.
Were they a New York based team, if so they are now a mixed sex team, as I got a really sh!tty email off the captain [who is male] a couple of years ago when I tried to form a team with the same name.:(

Liz

Jan 17, 2002
Kent, UK
Visit site
Originally posted by T.B.F.K.A.T.L.
Were they a New York based team, if so they are now a mixed sex team, as I got a really sh!tty email off the captain [who is male] a couple of years ago when I tried to form a team with the same name.:(
That was a bit pathetic of him, seeing as there was a team in the UK called the Black Widows around many, many years ago. Used to play against them regularly at tournaments in the south east at least 12 years ago, so I would imagine the tradition of a UK team with that name goes back just as far as a US team with the name :rolleyes:

ShelleyHicky

Shelley Farmer
Oct 22, 2003
London
Ok

Shelley - Hatts isn't really contradicting himself, honest. He's saying that as the sport is (or should be) a truly mixed sport then women should just be playing on ANY suitable team, rather than gathering together in all-girlie covens
Fair enough Liz I see your point and Hatts too if he means the same thing:)

I know a few girls who play in all female teams, and i simply disagree with the fact there is "no place" for all female teams. As Hatts put it - Of course there is:rolleyes: FatLadysCharms is an example of this with the efforts they showed at Campaign last year.

See I would have agreed with Hatts back then for the same reasons you put Liz, but I was the only player left on the field(DraXxus VIP - all male but me) against 5 FLC players - and I can say I didn't want to be there - They won - it changed my view on all female teams.

My point is there is a space for all female teams cos they inspire other women to play. ie. "S**t girls can keep there own against guys - well lets do it then".

S.

But I do like playing in mixed teams - cos you are shown more respect:D :cool:

There is definately a place in paintball for all female teams.

I started playing for the male sad team before The Fallen Angels were even started and now that i play for the all girls team for SPC i couldnt be happier. We train and play hard and when we put our goggles on we're no different to the all blokes teams out there.

"SPC Fallen Angels bringing it to ya in 2004!":D :D

SWEET N SOUR

ex-female feline
Jul 24, 2003
London
Visit site
Thanks for the infor everyone.

I do agree with everything you've all been saying about playing in mixed or single sex teams, but I agree that if you want to get females into the sport, seeing all girls teams is a real motivation. But you know how it is when an girl outside of paintball sees a girl playing it, like at a local torni they probably think 'tom-boy' but seeing a group of seven girls playing it, is a bit more of an impression, attracts possibly more attention-this is to an outside girl.

A bloke is just amazed if they see one girl out there!

:)

I hope that all made sense. :)