Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

angel probs

infest

Old slow and covered
Jan 1, 2009
ashford kent
very true ill see how this weekend goes . if i make another paint sprayer angel will be havein a heath holiday away at lips .

Yes if you dont want to get all techy Lips is probably the way forward.

Ive got a bit of experience with running halos on older angels. Here are a few tips:

Its almost certain that your paint is getting crushed in the feedneck. Because the ball rolls back the force from the hopper acts against the force of the bolt. With the paintball in between.
The faster you try to fire the more this force will build up.

You can give yourself the best chance by properly adjusting the ram. So the breach snaps closed as Raffles says.

Another old school trick is to grease up your halo drive belt. So it cant put so much force on the paint.

The reason the Ion doesnt have the same problem is because the bolt rests much further forward. So the ball cant roll back nearly as far.

My opinion differs from Toms in that I think Volumisers dont help because operating pressure doesnt really come into it.
The pressure the ball sees is relative to the final velocity, not the pressure inside the gun.
Proof of this is that a pump gun running at 800PSI can shoot the most brittle paint without breaking that a 110psi ion cannot.

infest

Old slow and covered
Jan 1, 2009
ashford kent
i so wish so one lived closer to me thta could show me . i do understand some of whats been said .the halo being retired to the bag or going on the ion . fingers crossed what im going to try will solve it .And my halo is in bits at the moment after i removed the paint so ill look at the belt as well and give that a go .

i will have a look inro the bolt see if i can find some pics or a video of it being done .

many thanks for the help and advice so far .

Adjusting the ram is actually pretty simple.

Unscrew the knob from the pull pin. Then take the backplate off the gun making sure not to lose the little spring that lives behind it.

You will see the ram in the right lower tube.
They provide a tool which has 2 pegs to adjust the ram, but circlip pliers do just fine.

With air in the gun rotate the ram clocwise. Screw it a small amount, then try to open and shut the breach. Repeat.
Keep going until you have set the ram so far forward that the breach wont open/close.
Then back it off a little so its just possible to open/close it.

Edit to add, After you've set it you should dry fire the gun once or twice, and re check the ram adjustment. Just to make sure its staying where you put it.
But DONT fire the gun without the breach pull pin in place or you will wear the bolt.

infest

Old slow and covered
Jan 1, 2009
ashford kent
that dont sound to bad really ill have to dig out my pliers at week end when i have some air . and i will give that a go .

thanks

Raffles

Going....going....not quite dead yet...
Jun 21, 2004
oldham - lancs
It is possible to do it without air - but, as John said, you will need air in to test it properly.

infest

Old slow and covered
Jan 1, 2009
ashford kent
reset my ram was a whole turn diffrent from what it was before will test and see if better saturday after i get some air