Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

are pump guns good

H

Wizard, of sorts...
Feb 27, 2002
Nottingham, England
www.ministryofcake.net
I've been loving playing with my pump at walkons. It's a very different style of play, forces you to be a lot more sneaky and bide your time before attacking. Although I usually use standard capacity hoppers my paint consumption has gone through the floor, which is awesome. At times though it can be very frustrating, for example at range even good pumps are still shooting unstable paintballs which means they aren't ball on ball perfectly accurate. With an electro you'd generally put 2-3 (or more!) down range and be sure of an elimination before they can react, with pump you have to make that first shot count as if you miss you're toast.

Neluz

Oct 31, 2013
Amersfoort The Netherlands
Pump is a whole different game, we used to play with a full pump team in semi supair tourneys in The Netherlands and Belgium and managed to completely eliminate the other teams with 5 or 4 man a live. this gives you an awesome feeling and only wanting more.

I had to sell my CCM T2 because of teamswitch and the pumpteam breaking up due to other interests of some of the teammembers.
To be honest, i still miss this way of playing :D

baudsenseless

PMGWC #3
May 27, 2010
tbh I love pump!! I have different markers depending on what mood i'm in.
Cocker Pump, larger setup, running a rotor, and std 1.1 air
Rtp viper - old school cool, run a 50 rd hopper and co2 sparklets
Carter comp - old school cool, and looks it! stick feed and sparklets
Spider hammer, mag fun, running on 33cl air and first strike, even with normal paintballs found myself accurate with this and run a lot more!
airbow, not a pump, but has similar restrictions on rate of fire. for when i'm feeling robin hood ish

Reactions: Neluz

Canon Fodder

Go to your brother, kill him with your gun.
Oct 28, 2008
Lancaster
You can't change quickly mid game and it'll take any spyder threaded barrel although you might need to sand the pump handle for some thicker barrels. I've not used one but they get mixed reviews, some have found them fantastic, others have had problems with getting the velocity high enough.

If you get one take it apart before using and check the cup seal is tight as this seems to have lead to the problems people have had.