LiPS Paintball Planet Eclipse Warped Sports Manic Paintball Just Paintball Smart Parts G.I Milsim Tipmann BZ Paintball Bricket Wood DYE Paintball

Banned by PBN

Discussion in 'Announcements and Queries' started by Baca Loco, Jul 14, 2005.

1. Baca Loco Ex-Fun Police

Baca Loco
    Message Count:
    I thought some of you might find this story amusing and a left-handed blow for justice so--

We have a team forum at PBN. It was thought to be a good way to have regular contact with fans, etc. As it has turned out only about three of us post(ed) with any regularity.
    One of our guys routinely posts "advice" and the swear filter does double duty on occasion. One might have thought that was the filter's purpose yet the poster was warned by a Mod to quit trying to get around the filter. Well, looking at the posts it's plain our guy wasn't trying to get around the filter so much as he was trying to be his own filter.
    Anyway--in the process--the Mod in question posts a list of all the words PBN filters but the Mod wrote them out in such a way the filter didn't filter them and they were all perfectly legible.
    At this point I quoted the Mod's list and noted the irony of threatening our guy about abusing the filter while at the same time doing exactly what our guy was being warned about but wasn't doing intentionally. (It should be noted that at no time did my posts require the filter nor did I post anything attempting to bypass the filter--I only quoted the Mod's list as he wrote it. Oh, and I gave the Mod a bit of a hard time for, A) doing exactly what he warned our guy not to do, and B) for otherwise having such poor judgment as to post elsewhere in the forums the intimate details of a sexual encounter--which apparently isn't against the rules at PBN, and finally, C) for then currying favor with the player he was threatening to ban.) Thread should still be there to see unless it was deleted but at the moment I don't know, you see, I've been banned. :) The reason given: purposefully attempting to bypass the filter.
    So for all of you who would like to get even with the Mods one time or another I thought you'd like to know I've gotten a dose of what you must deal with daily. :rolleyes: ;)

Oh, and what are the prospects for getting team forums at P8ntballer I wonder? :D

2. Cro Permanently semi

Cro
    Message Count:
    User name ban or ip? If it's user name just clear your cookies and re register. :D

3. Alien_Balliztix Diet Coke with Cherry

Alien_Balliztix
    Message Count:
  4. Cro Permanently semi

Cro
    Message Count:
    Hmmm, it says 10pm tonight on the link I saw lol.

5. Alien_Balliztix Diet Coke with Cherry

Alien_Balliztix
    Message Count:
    thats from the bannage log at bottom of main pbn page, Baca's quite close to the top of the list.

You gotta read what some of the others got banned for and check out some of the link's. :D LOL:D

6. fatbeerboy george jung is my idol

fatbeerboy
    Message Count:
    fcuking pbn mods are c-unts

EDIT ADDED: Hey! Watch it, buddy. You know our filter is defective. ;) :eek: TFP

7. fatbeerboy george jung is my idol

fatbeerboy
    Message Count:
  8. Buddha 3 The Mountain That Rides

Buddha 3
    Message Count:
    Bout time you got banned from somewhare, dagnabbit.:p

9. Baca Loco Ex-Fun Police

Baca Loco
    Message Count:
    Banned World Tour

Long ago I was also the mods BOTW "winner" and this latest incident has re-opened old wounds. Boo-hoo

10. MrPink Banned

MrPink
    Message Count:
    Baca Loca Fanclub time!

#1! ;) :p