Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

barell system

Scars

Retired tattooed lout!
its 6 on 1 fella...

Have you tried any other highend barrell?

in all honesty freaks are better than stock barrells in alot of cases but their honing is pants and i find the consistancy over the chrono rather appauling compared to say a empire or pipe.

Also you will find most tourney ballers are more serious about their gear than woods ballers.

SteRoberts

Pugwash
Apr 1, 2004
Wolverhampton
how much consistency are you talking about, my ion with freak (well matched to ball) isnt bad, +/-5 at most.

I havnt used any other barrel kit, so maybe i cannot comment, but my freak is launching my paint where i want it to go, so how much better can it get? Give you a blow job at the same time?

I suppose in theory the 2 piece kits are better than insert based kits, but as long as you dont want to do hannibal impressions and chew on the insert conjouring up plans then wheres the problem?

Ram

Strikers For Ever!
i shot a lot of stock barrels, FREAKs, Ultralights, Empire kits and others. Let me tell all the guys that can't understand why some ppl don't respect the FREAK system - beacuse if you compare it to other systems, it sucks.
Now, who said that the barrel "shoots the paint where i want it to go"? Well, i dunno what you play, but in 5 man you can already see and feel the difference between a FREAK and other systems. Like the freak is all right, but some other kits just shoot better - all the stream comes to a tighter circle at high ranges [ 3/4 of a field ]. Kapish?

Lucky

Platinum Member
Sep 1, 2004
rochester, UK
I think the point about the freaks is that when they came out they were the nuts and miles ahead of anything else, and when you read the advertising or think of the way in which they are designed it all sounds good
"BUT"
Nowdays they have been eclipsed by far better barrel systems and as the freaks have not evolved they are now outdated, with a design that is fundamentally flawed. It rely's on wafer thin inserts being held by a couple of o-rings, when new everything is great but once things get worn and knocked about a bit, life isn't so great.
My freak is still working fine but even things like the SP all american are better nowdays and i'll be changing up soon, Smartparts would do well to revise the design a little, even something as little as putting a left handed thread between the sections would be an improvement, oh and lose the o-rings so maybe your barrel stands a chance of being aligned correctly.

Lucky

Platinum Member
Sep 1, 2004
rochester, UK
perhaps i sense alittle, now whats the word, hostility towards sp over the behavior recently?
It's true that some people may not agree with Smart Parts business ethics but if they made the best barrel in the world then people would still buy it because it's the best.
Unfortunately the thing is that the freak is not the best anymore, it's not because we hate SP that we say that, it's because we have tried and tested better equipment, and unfortunately apart from some cosmetic changes, the freak is still the same as it was 10 years ago (or however long it's been made before someone pulls me on that statement).
i agree with skeet, that the shocker is a fantastic gun, the ion is pound for pound the best gun in the world, the impy proved itself worthy and the nerve..........? has anyone ever bought one ?
The freak at best is still only average, no matter how bitter you think people are against sp, personally SP is only half an hour away from me, i know some of the staff, i've never had a problem with them or their products, but yet i still find myself using planet and skeet's because of their superior service, advice and product range;)