Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Best marker for punter days?

Gee Tee

1/2 man - 1/2 pogo stick
Mar 21, 2007
Dartford, UK
Sorry, I got myself confused and have edited my last post!

So is the pro stock http://www.worr.com/prostock.asp the latest model that WGP make that people refer to as the autococker rather than the cheaper "trilogy" version?

You can get what seems to be the 2004 original version (not the prostock) here http://www.actionvillage.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/DisplayProductInformation-Start;sid=EV4RYjzyCaMRTnqssanRyjZUGS91OOW4WRY=?ProductID=U32sFAY75LgAAAD61_7inKHi
for $189 which is less than £95 :)
I have both 04 & 06 bodied cockers. The 04 has a fixed non-adjustable feed neck, where as the 06 has a screw fit clamping neck - i've a Hybrid neck on mine. The 04 neck is too big for my Egg, too small for a VL revvy but just right for an old empire S/A reloader.

evoonline

CPPS Referee 4 Life.
Feb 14, 2007
Rugeley, Staffordshire
I have both 04 & 06 bodied cockers. The 04 has a fixed non-adjustable feed neck, where as the 06 has a screw fit clamping neck - i've a Hybrid neck on mine. The 04 neck is too big for my Egg, too small for a VL revvy but just right for an old empire S/A reloader.
i think they are sold under the name of empire reloader 2 (if anyone is interested in buying 1 or finding reviews or watnot)

Game

Doing men things to men in the woods atm
Nov 21, 2004
Dereham,Norfolk
for a vl revvy just sand the feedneck down till it fits

Lucky

Platinum Member
Sep 1, 2004
rochester, UK
Mate, you are a star! It is always so encouraging when you join a forum and get sensible answers from people who (seem to!) know what they are talking about rather than garble from muppets!
Welcome aboard Alex, the way i look at it is that we were all newbies at some time............some of us longer ago than we can remember:(
If you want borrocks then go onto PBnation, the place is infested with 12 year old americans who's guns are all rippin' :rolleyes:

The freak isn't the best but it's a good solid performer for your first set up:)

The belsales Evolutions are about the best "mechanical" cocker out there and therefore fully site friendly.

The Automag is here in the US> http://store.airgun.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=catalog.catalog
and still going strong

So is the pro stock http://www.worr.com/prostock.asp the latest model that WGP make that people refer to as the autococker rather than the cheaper "trilogy" version?
The Prostock is further up the food chain than the trilogy and uses more "normal" parts, so if you can get one at around this price
189.99 USD = 95.9643 GBP
United States Dollars United Kingdom Pounds
1 USD = 0.505102 GBP 1 GBP = 1.97980 USD
Then I'd say that was a good deal:cool:
As has been noted that the 04 has a fixed feed neck which means you have to sandpaper your hoppers feed tube to make it fit, it's a bit of a crap design but if you have one marker to one hopper then there is no problem.
I have the 04 myself and used it with a sanded down Egg2 for a while until i switched over to the dark side. now the only remaining original parts of my prostock are the body and back block, admittedly i've spent the budget of a small African nation but it's my demoncocker and i love it.
Then.jpgThen
changing.JPGTransforming
demoncocker.jpgAnd now rippingrolleyes:

Viper Dragon

May 31, 2007
Here's another idea :D

Go buy a revvy/egg and a barrel/kit for the regular days. The barrel will help with the accuracy and the revvy should help with a more consistent feed rate. If the site you go to uses infernos then you'd need a barrel with a spyder thread, if they have tippmann 98s then you'd need the 98 thread.
Note: The egg might over feed on the rental guns and force more than one ball in the breach which you don't want ;)

Then go get an Ion/PMR and you can use the revvy/egg on it and go play walk-on days :cool: also by the sounds of it your local site uses CO2 and you can't use CO2 with an Ion/PMR so you might have to go get an air system too and if the site doesn't have any way of filling air bottles then that won't help either. Also you won't be able to use the barrels you got for rental days on the Ion/PMR due to different threads :(

revel

Banned
Sep 23, 2006
i dont know if you are intrested but i have an icon-x for ££0 nearly new, shot 50 paintballs and its like new bought it 2 saturdays ago and havent had the air to sue it properly but when i did it was shooting more accurate than my friends ion.

revel

Tom Allen

TFP
Jul 4, 2003
Cardiff
i dont know if you are intrested but i have an icon-x for ££0 nearly new, shot 50 paintballs and its like new bought it 2 saturdays ago and havent had the air to sue it properly but when i did it was shooting more accurate than my friends ion.

revel
is it free postage too, if so i'll have it, just for a laugh:p:D:D

rambo00

Mar 27, 2007

revel
was your friends ion come with a trigger?

revel

Banned
Sep 23, 2006
haha yeh it was shooting better you can ask him, it took more shoots for him to hit the pot with his ion than me wiht the icon x. add about £5-£7 postage

Big Mac

My Custom User Title
Oct 19, 2006
York
thats called user error - he just let rip, oh i have a fast gun - it will hit anything:rolleyes: