Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Bonus Balling

Rosie

Aug 30, 2002
Nottingham
nqkiller said:
http://www.p8ntballer-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=1571&highlight=costin

this is why it should be an extreme game cos we dice with death when we play:confused:
If you'd read it you would have seen that he could have had the stroke anytime- whilst walking drinking or driving. Probably increased the likelyhood that this kind of thing will happen, but I wouldn't say it's that much of an extreme sport. Kinda, but on the lower end of the spectrum. Nothing compared to basejumping or cheese chasing ;).

Just because it's painful does that mean it's an extreme sport?

and if it's that dangerous should we be encouraging or allowing intentional bonus balling?

O

ollytheosteo

nqkiller said:
this is wyh it should b a extreme game cos we dice wiv death when ew play:confused:
If you read that thread you'll see that about four posts down there is a statement from someone who was at the inquest confirming getting shot was not the cause of death. If you're going to use a tragedy like this to prove whatever point you're trying to make:rolleyes: then at least get your facts right.

I suspect you might be one of our resident trolls anyway given you've started an account just to post this silliness.

Ms Bossy

wotever :o)
Aug 26, 2002
nqkiller said:
http://www.p8ntballer-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=1571&highlight=costin

this is wyh it should b a extreme game cos we dice wiv death when ew play:confused:
Mods i cannot find the report this post button, might be blind with anger but as i'm typing here anyway i would just like to say NQKILLER your a fcuking idiot, whoever you really are, as i find a new account for this a bit suspicious and in serious bad taste, you don't know the facts so shut the fcuk up:mad:

Why do we have to have killer this killer that, grow up..........

mods sorry for the swearing but i'm a bit pissed off by this needless post.
Instant nqkiller ban please and if you know who it is then can i know please:mad:

Rosie

Aug 30, 2002
Nottingham
nqkiller, plays at Northern Quarter?
never mind it's irrelevant :rolleyes: lets not start another argument

nqkiller I doubt there are that many examples of people dying whilst playing. I have heard of a couple of serious injuries whilst spectating, or from a kid who, while still on the field lifted his mask up & then somehow managed to shoot himself in his own eye while reloading, and I was told by someone that their friend had become blind in both eyes after a complication after he was spectating, and got shot in the eye...

I seem to remember someone breaking their leg during the 2003 Drug Wars Big Game?

other than that the injuries while often serious are not often life threatening.

Missy Q

300lb's of Chocolate Love
Jun 8, 2005
East Side
www.tshirthell.com
I had a guy die during a game once in Bham. He had a hole in the heart condition. His parents knew he was on borrowed time and supported his paintball hobby. He was actually quite good.
I was reffing a game on a hay-bail field (probably going back 18 years) and his team lost. He appeared to be the last guy in the game, and was catching a bit of paint, with the other team screaming at him to 'get out, you're dead'. When we checked him he had in fact passed away.

His parents invited us all to the funeral. They said paintball was his passion, and they didn't seem to have a problem with the way he 'crossed over'.

True story.

Chicago

Jan 31, 2005
Visit site
As far as I am aware, there are TWO deaths where paintball (not paintballs) were the primary cause, both involved faulty CO2 tanks that turned into rockets and killed via head trauma.

I am not aware of any fatalities resulting from being shot by a paintball.

I am also not aware of anyone who sustained an eye injury while following safety procedures. (Although I know someone who had an eye injury from having their face in contact with the net when the net got shot, and I've seen some extremely near misses in staging areas where people with unblocked markers accidentally shoot other people.)

I also know of no one who has sustained an eye injury while wearing a paintball-specific goggle system.

I'm PRETTY sure that what I'm aware of is the case sport-wide, with the biggest room for fudge on the eye injuries while following safety procedures.