Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Bottle, Stock or Nothing at all?

Demic

Dec 4, 2006
What do you prefer bracing your marker with? Your Airbottle or a Stock?

Also, is their any notable differences when using remote air and no stock, so you have nothing to brace with?

-Tris-

Ambushing - don't disturb
Jul 28, 2006
Milton Keynes
depends what marker I play with, inferno I use the bottle, VL I try to use the bottle, but cause its at an angle its hard to use and uncomfortable, so I use none :(

zipatronic

I Want That One
Oct 4, 2006
Derby
depends what marker ur using doesnt it, had armotech ws66 with adjustable stock and remote at its shortest felt weird but ok when fully extended.

now using a remote on something like my angel wud be weird!!

Demic

Dec 4, 2006
I'm using an Ion atm- but i'm trying to advise new people at the uni club, as some of them are looking at A5s because they say they want a stock...

Personally, last time i tried using a stock was on somebodies A5- the problem was it was level with the barrel, and so i couldn't aim down the marker properly while wearing a mask.

Would recoil be a problem if air on remote without a stock?

zipatronic

I Want That One
Oct 4, 2006
Derby
I'm using an Ion atm- but i'm trying to advise new people at the uni club, as some of them are looking at A5s because they say they want a stock...

Personally, last time i tried using a stock was on somebodies A5- the problem was it was level with the barrel, and so i couldn't aim down the marker properly while wearing a mask.

Would recoil be a problem if air on remote without a stock?

nah not that much recoil mate.

scoobytgi

WebMonkey
Dec 30, 2005
Clacon-on-Sea
www.inspiredwebspaces.co.uk
You'll be better advising them to go with the Ions - I'd steer clear of A5s especially if you want to play tourneys, but the Ion will hold its own on tourneys or in the woods. Just make sure there's something grippy on theback of the air bottle - Bottle covers generally have a rubberised pannel at the back so it doesn't slip about on you clothes, but i've seen people play with no bottle cover and just Skateboard grip tape on the back of the bottle! your call, but I wouldn't recomend a remote, unless you have a stock on something like an A5.

Hope it helps, pm me if I can help more

Scooby

Jontain

Nov 15, 2006
Cambs
All depends on the marker and style of play, in torny style games i think the ion is the obvious choice to advise to a beginner and i wouldnt say a stock is needed in that style of play

Woodsball, some people like to make their markers look as much like a real gun as possible, by adding rails and sights etc, but its all down to the gun and play.

I think lol

IL=Tim the Yank

Wasted Away Again...
Oct 15, 2003
London
www.ironlions.co.uk
Having either makes it easier to hit your target.

Like everyone else said, if you're doing tourneys, go for the Ion or a Proto Matrix Rail and use the bottle. If you want to do military simulation-style go for the stock and use a remote. Nobody playing sup-air uses a remote.

killcrazy

now sporting the ego
Dec 4, 2006
bedlington (near newcastle)
guess its all down to style of play really. personally i prefer using a tippmann with a stock.

im not arsed about what other people say about my marker bcause i know that at the end of the day its whatever you feel comftable playing with.

iv been a soldier for 7 years. so i feel comftable using a marker with a stock,
os it feels more natural to my style of shooting.
and whatever you say about the tippmann A5 and however much you mock me and tell me how great the ion is....

my tippmann works.
i feel comftable using it.
when i point it at something and pull the trigger, it hits.
end of.

but like i say most of the time its down to personal preference. if you spnd most of the round thinking "ffs im sick of this bottle getting in the way" then you should probably buy a remote line
if you feel more comftable with the bottle in ur shoulder then stick with what you have.
its not what other people have, or what looks cooler its about your style of play.

Im pretty new to this, so i dont know all the lingo and what exactly all the games are (and iv never played a tournement)

but also consider stuff like, if your a runner, but you usually get taken out cos you slow down cos the cannister keeps whacking off your arm while you run, what would you rather have.
1) a slightly higher profile of your back cos of a remote, but know that your not gonna be restricted when your running?
2) or get taken out every time cos you cant run with the bottle attached purely cos your mates say "think about your profile! if that bottle gets you taken out im not being your friend anymore!!"

evoonline

CPPS Referee 4 Life.
Feb 14, 2007
Rugeley, Staffordshire
wats the point in a stock unless ur recballin. even then they r a waste of money. ur bottle doubles as a stock. also doubles as a club if u go to mug someone and ur marker dies :D