Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

bottle weights

Kevin Winter

Dec 10, 2008
I certainly notice the difference between in a 48cu fibre after swapping from a steelie - feels much lighter. A 68 still feels like a brick strapped to the marker IMHO

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
I certainly notice the difference between in a 48cu fibre after swapping from a steelie - feels much lighter.

A 68 still feels like a brick strapped to the marker IMHO
True, my 'false perception' point was directed to the 68ci world

I have a bit of a one man crusade to break the myth of some advice to new starters to get a 4500pso cylinder-usually 68ci and have more recently been referring members to look through my posts rather then repeat the same info again.

My primary advice to a new starter is to go steel/aluminium and let their money go further for starters
But there are reasons to go with the variety of fibre cylinders, and if the player has been informed and made their decision on the available information then that's a winner no matter what they opt for

The most important factors for a player are balance and size (for ergonomics)
Weight difference is noticable, but on a practical basis there are not that many circumstances that make it a better or worse paintball experience

As the cylinders i weighed indicate I have a mixture. My lightest cylinder is the 13ci, one of the ways I use it is to mount of below the barrel of a Tpx pistol. This destroys balance and I have to over compensate when carrying
But for me personally its a total win for convenience

Kevin Winter

Dec 10, 2008
I'd agree - I played for ages with a £25 secondhand steelie and never felt at any disadvantage - the extra £50+ of spending isn't really great value, especially with the scarcity of 4.5k fills these days.
My personal suggestion is to get a steelie, then upgrade to a fibre when you've got them money, or feel the need. Then you've always got a sapre tank in the kitbage if a burst disk goes or whatever.