Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Breaking News ???

Dark Warrior

www.paintballscene.co.uk
Nov 28, 2002
www.paintballscene.co.uk
The Millennium is both pleased and proud to announce their participation in the first Worldwide Paintball Organization: The UPBF (United Paintball Federation).

What is the UPBF and Why has it been created?

The UPBF is simply the unification of national federations and tournament series in order to have a representing organizational paintball body to deal with official sports organizations such as the Olympic Games, National Organizations, etc... but also to have communal paintball rules, refereeing, ID, etc…

For example some of the UPBF objectives are:-
To improve the game of Paintball continuously and promote it globally in the light of unifying, educational, cultural and humanitarian values particularly through youth and development programs.

To draw up regulations (Rules, refereeing, disciplinary, players statutes…) and provisions and ensures their enforcement.
To prevent all methods or practices which might jeopardise the integrity of games or tournaments or give rise to abuse of paintball associations?

How does it work?
The UPBF is made of confederations and National associations and has an administration which is supported by different committees under the control of an Executive committee.

CONFEDERATIONS:
The confederations are the umbrella organizations of the national paintball associations on each continent. All provide support to UPBF without encroaching on the rights of the national associations.
In fact, the Confederations actually raise the profile of paintball further, by staging their own tournaments at club and international level and through a range of other activities.

. APBF: (American Paintball Federation) Operate in North and Central America and the Caribbean with series like PSP, CFOA….
. EPBF: (European Paintball Federation) Operate in West and Eastern Europe with series like Millennium, Centurio…
. APPBF: (Asian-Pacific Paintball federation) operate in Asia and Pacific with series like PALS…
. SAPBF: (South American Paintball Federation) operate in South America with series like the Circuito sul Americano.
. AFPBF: (African Paintball Federation) operate in Africa.

ASSOCIATIONS
UPBF supports the associations logistically through various programmes and grants them a number of attractive rights and privileges.
They also have obligations, as representatives of the UPBF in their countries, they must respect the statutes, aims and ideals of Paintball’s governing body and promote and manage our sport accordingly.

COMMITTEES
The UPBF is made of committees and 2 legislative bodies (the disciplinary committee and the appeal committee). The Committees play a critical role, making decisions on the organisation of tournaments and the development of paintball in general.
Decisions taken by the committees are ratified by the Executive Committee - effectively UPBF's board of directors. The Executive is composed of the UPBF President (who chairs the committee) 4 vice-presidents, 14 members, one observer and the UPBF General Secretary, who takes part ex officio in all committee meetings.

Several Committees and Judicial Bodies

Executive committee
Rules committee
Technical and development committee
Referees committee
Players’ statues committee
Disciplinary committee
Appeal committee
Organising committee for the Intercontinental Cup and World Cup championship
Media committee
Sports Medical committee
Finance committee

EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE
Executive committee consists of 19 members:
- 1 president elected.
- 4 vice presidents appointed by confederations and associations
- 14 members appointed by confederations and associations

The confederations are apportioned the following places:
North America (APBF) vice-president 1 Members: 5
Europe (EPBF) vice-president 1 Members: 5
Pacific-Asia (APPBF) vice-president 1 Members: 1
South America (SAPBF) vice-president 1 Members: 1
Africa (AFPBF) vice-president 1 Members: 1
The administration is carried out by the General Secretariat.

At its head is the UPBF General Secretary, who is responsible for implementing the decisions of the Executive Committee.
The General Secretary is also responsible for UPBF’s finances, international relations, the organization of the UPBF World Cup™, and other UPBF paintball tournaments.
The General Secretariat is comprised of divisions dealing with development, tournaments, paintball administration, finance, business, personnel, services and communications.

How can I be part of it?
If you are a player, thanks to your ID you will automatically become a member. You will be able to play with the same ID card everywhere in the world as long as the event or series is a part of the UPBF
If you are a national association (federation) you will have to contact your confederation.
If you are a manufacturer you will be able to contact the Manufacturer committee…
Contacts will be very soon available on the official web site www.upbf.com

Baca Loco

Ex-Fun Police
Okay, I have two questions.
Which existing organization's charter did they take the gobbledy-gook language from and insert the word paintball into instead of whatever it originally was? :p
And, how much is this gonna cost Joe Average Baller?

I only ask cus I'm, you know, kind'a cynical--not that I'm opposed to the concept. I'm also wondering just who the likeliest candidates are to fill the principle roles in the NWO. I'm also, on first glance, wondering if this doesn't add another layer of control, an international, potentially dominating one, to a pre-existing contest in the guise of serving the pball community. (Although there is no reason it can't potentially do both.)
For you Brits maybe it'll turn out like the latest EU budgetary plan to gobble up more of your pounds to disperse to French farmers--for the good of Europe, of course. Or maybe that's a bad example.

Come to think of it I'm all for it. We can all be chained to the same oar pulling together for the greater good. :)

Dark Warrior

www.paintballscene.co.uk
Nov 28, 2002
www.paintballscene.co.uk
Originally posted by Baca Loco
Okay, I have two questions.
Which existing organization's charter did they take the gobbledy-gook language from and insert the word paintball into instead of whatever it originally was? :p
And, how much is this gonna cost Joe Average Baller?

I only ask cus I'm, you know, kind'a cynical--not that I'm opposed to the concept. I'm also wondering just who the likeliest candidates are to fill the principle roles in the NWO. I'm also, on first glance, wondering if this doesn't add another layer of control, an international, potentially dominating one, to a pre-existing contest in the guise of serving the pball community. (Although there is no reason it can't potentially do both.)
For you Brits maybe it'll turn out like the latest EU budgetary plan to gobble up more of your pounds to disperse to French farmers--for the good of Europe, of course. Or maybe that's a bad example.

Come to think of it I'm all for it. We can all be chained to the same oar pulling together for the greater good. :)
Sometime wonder whether you are on drugs or just on a different intellectual plane to us mere mortals :D

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Originally posted by Skeet
Heh...Lol Robbo!

Yeah, in America an "intellectual plane" is one with an Autopilot!!!:D
Skeet, don't ever make the mistake of under-estimating Baca's intellect......trust me, you'd be eaten alive :)

Skeet

Platinum Member
Originally posted by Robbo
Skeet, don't ever make the mistake of under-estimating Baca's intellect......trust me, you'd be eaten alive :)
I would never do such a thing...I know several intelligent americans...it's just...well...it was a one liner, couldnt help it!:D

Austin Powers American intelligence...are you mad?

That might have had something to do with it as well.

Why would I be eaten alive? Would you be eaten alive?

Must admit...I do envy the pair of you, with regards to your literary skills...and of course, I would imagine they are representative of your combined intellects.

Anyway...back on topic...:D

Duncster

uber-spect8or!
Jul 7, 2001
Kettering
Visit site
If this all works, and the various "national associations" all support their "confedrations" (this is all sounding rather spiffing :) ), then this is great stuff!

If someone gains control of paintball, and paintball moves in the right direction, it can't be bad, can it?

Must admit, I'd be more interested in hearing about a standardised game format that everyone buys into...

D.