Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

"Budget" markers.........

Markie C

Carlos Spicy Weiner
Aug 1, 2004
Northern Quarter
www.northernquarterpb.com
Not sure its like that "look at my gun" maybe for a few.

but i would still say that every one on here who is going on about getting cheaper guns still cant afford a 800 gun that's why they are saying it.

I loved my 05 it used to shoot ropes and i mean it was fast as any thing i got pulled every game because they thought it had a cheat board in it (it didn't)

but if i had the choice i would choose a 08 over it just because they are more advanced and a better marker.

i would choose a etek 2 now because i don't really play that much but i bet you if you play to such a high standard like pro or any thing like that you could tell the difference and need that extra to win games.

lemonadeX

Platinum Member
Jul 31, 2006
(near) Southampton
Um.... Yes, Yes and Yes... It's mostly the look I go for... Yes of guns and girls :p:p

Plus I find it easier to have an LCD screen and to program it that way.. LED's get on my nerves, and I'm not exactly a wizard so it's easier to open up a grip and enter the setup mode thingy and read instead of flicking through pages of manual before I find what I want :D

Joe
Spend that money on something worthwhile, like actually training.

I've never owned a marker with a screen, and I can't see why I'd need one. Board settings rarely need changing and if you can warrant spending an extra £200-300 just for saving the 5 mins it takes to whip out the manual then you earn far too much.

Kat

I'm a love Albatross.
Aug 18, 2006
Carlisle/ Leeds
Spend that money on something worthwhile, like actually training.

I've never owned a marker with a screen, and I can't see why I'd need one. Board settings rarely need changing and if you can warrant spending an extra £200-300 just for saving the 5 mins it takes to whip out the manual then you earn far too much.
Agreed!

Katxxx

I can't shoot straight

Living Life to the Max! I think :P
Mar 14, 2005
Darlington
Here we go slagging off the Ion. Don't you think the Ion is the only reason why you can now buy markers like i.e. Etek, PMR, Mini and many more. And it has open up the sport to many more people thinking about playing and who were put off by the price of markers. I think the Ion is one of the best things to happen to paintball in a long time. Just think about it for a 1min you might see what I am on about

seb

Markie C

Carlos Spicy Weiner
Aug 1, 2004
Northern Quarter
www.northernquarterpb.com
Here we go slagging off the Ion. Don't you think the Ion is the only reason why you can now buy markers like i.e. Etek, PMR, Mini and many more. And it has open up the sport to many more people thinking about playing and who were put off by the price of markers. I think the Ion is one of the best things to happen to paintball in a long time. Just think about it for a 1min you might see what I am on about

seb
No not at all if you know about the ethics of smart parts then you would know that they only released it to try and fuc every one else over and get them out of the market.

sp only makes about 10 dollars of each one sold maybe a little more.

The the etek is not even in the same class as the ion or pmr nether is the mini.

try and find out a little more before making a statement.

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland

seb
nobody is slagging off anyone, or any marker. Ions have their benefits (price) and their drawbacks. to make them decent they need money spent on them. Feedneck, trigger and asa need replaced thereby negating the lower price.

however, the basic point of this conversation is that there is no need any more to buy the SL74's, DM8's etc etc. when their "little brother" equivalents will do the same jobs with no discernable difference in performance. or is there??

Lump

one case one kill
Sep 20, 2004
in the ABYSS
i must admit i am very drawn to the SLG not because of price. just the look of it. and thats it for me, i just wanna try every thing.