Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Campaign 09 Feedback (previously known as "Ulrich is a tw*t").

Fisz

Ka mate!
Jun 10, 2006
IF you are talking about Malaga then I think that was helped by a 80km wind! I think everyone maybe forgetting that Malaga was fecking windy and at some point any event held on the beach in high wind will fail :D
Except Windsurfing Championships ;)

Bngi

Brutal Deluxe
Sep 9, 2005
helsingborg
Visit site
As for the old steel post system, we all know that over the years it has suffered some damage and much of it was scrap, but mostly it did the job, however; it was heavy as well as bulky, therefore costly to ship and store.
I cant imagine that the steel pole system would take more place, i actually think they would take less volume, considering how much space a sup air field takes. Weightwise might be another story, but i cant see that it would be that big of a difference, but this is of course speculation.

HOWEVER, Not only that they are unreliable, they are also a majoooor pain in the ass for the spectators view of the field, and they make the scoreboards we players have paid for very dearly the last seasons utterly useless.

Biscuit

Mar 21, 2006
wakey
Visit site
how many more times do we need to see a thread like this,if this was in normal life i.e a restaurant or buying a product and you where getting bad customer service would you us that place or product again.answer no,so why the hell do you guys keep putting up with it,i fore one wouldn,t

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
how many more times do we need to see a thread like this,if this was in normal life i.e a restaurant or buying a product and you where getting bad customer service would you us that place or product again.answer no,so why the hell do you guys keep putting up with it,i fore one wouldn,t
...might have something to do with it being the only restaurant in town when you're kinda hungry ... on and yeah, the manager's deaf as well, stone deaf.

pid

blah blah blah
Aug 27, 2005
in the thick of it
Visit site
...might have something to do with it being the only restaurant in town when you're kinda hungry ... on and yeah, the manager's deaf as well, stone deaf.
I understand that when there's no alternative you suck it up and make do, but why dont temas make a stand and play UKBall. i.e Fed/NSPL/UKMasters events? surely if the UK teams did this they'll be almost the same standard of teams (shock/disruption etc playing each other plus some of the domestice teams who can't afford Mills price raping) at a fraction of the cost.
The UK events i've seen are a good quality and getting better with the Fed input/guidance so surely 2010 is the season to take a stand?

Feel free to lay the smack down.

Dark Warrior

www.paintballscene.co.uk
Nov 28, 2002
www.paintballscene.co.uk
I understand that when there's no alternative you suck it up and make do, but why dont temas make a stand and play UKBall. i.e Fed/NSPL/UKMasters events? surely if the UK teams did this they'll be almost the same standard of teams (shock/disruption etc playing each other plus some of the domestice teams who can't afford Mills price raping) at a fraction of the cost.
The UK events i've seen are a good quality and getting better with the Fed input/guidance so surely 2010 is the season to take a stand?

Feel free to lay the smack down.
The difference is the standard of competition
Most of the standard teams cannot compete at that level but we still need to have an international event on these shores so as to cater for the team that are at that level or what to challenge themselves against foreign opposition.

onasilverbike

I'm a country member!
I cant imagine that the steel pole system would take more place, i actually think they would take less volume, considering how much space a sup air field takes. Weightwise might be another story, but i cant see that it would be that big of a difference, but this is of course speculation.

HOWEVER, Not only that they are unreliable, they are also a majoooor pain in the ass for the spectators view of the field, and they make the scoreboards we players have paid for very dearly the last seasons utterly useless.
You have a good point on the space needed to transport/store the inflatable fields, however, I suspect they are a lot more easy to set up than the steel posts and netting.

As for visibility, interestingly, I heard more coaches complaining of a poor view up the field on the CPL field than at events where the inflatable fields were used.