Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Campaign @ Crystal Palace, opinions...

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Let's take a sideways look at this for a minute, when everybody harks on about the NEC being this, the NEC being that.....what are we really talking about here because the NEC was actually nowhere frikkin near and in essence, we are just using NEC to describe a faceless car park next to a bit of grass that was in the proximity of the NEC even tho it could only be seen with the aid of a high powered telescope.

And so, the reality of last year's NEC was merely the Millennium show promoted nr Birmingham in a car park next to some grass ...... and so, any nostalgic trip back to Brum can easily be replicated wherever anybody can find a car park and some grass somewhere near a place that has an airport, preferably Heathrow or Gatwick for obvious reasons of incoming Europeans.

It's not as if we are looking for the Holy Grail here .... or am I missing something here?

OUTBREAK UK!

the infexion begins
Mar 29, 2006
grantham
on teh weed subject ... if you had been at all the events .. there was open weed smoking at everyone .. dont ask me why jsut an MS thing i guess :rolleyes:

Beaker

Hello again
Jul 9, 2001
Wherever I may roam
imlr.org
Also the NEC relied on XL turf. If we were playing on NPPL-style thin carpet over any tarmac (or the rocky NEC floor) people would have gone WTF...

I doubt the Millennium will use XL turf next year, much as I hate the idea, it just costs far too much I can't see it being sustainable - I do hope I'm wrong though.

As for being indoors at somewhere like Xcel - it will NEVER happen for any large scale event, we are too messy and treat venues with too much contempt, let alone the costs. The only time it will ever happen is a bespoke thing like the Mohegan Sun...

The lack of venues that combine our needs of space, access, surface, profile and "durability" to what we will do to them is one reason why I can't see us ever going above the second tier extreme sport that we are anytime soon. The cost jump isn't justified. ***Edit - unless we drop this idea that the lowest teams play the same event as the top guys ***