Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Campaign @ Crystal Palace, opinions...

leachy

Dec 1, 2005
Tamworth
NEC gets my vote

Only speaking as a spectator I think the NEC is better, I took my lad on Sunday and watched the cpl games and a few games on the cronic field from the elevated walkway. My lad is 12 and loves watching the game but couldn't understand why we were not allowed to watch the other fields:confused: .

When we went to the NEC the viewing was much better (and we sat with plastic JT bin bags on, in the rain):eek:
Traveling into and out of CP was horrendous it took us 90mins to get from CP to the M1 (about the same time to get to the midlands):mad:
Food and drink was way too expensive (try telling a 12yr old that)
The Trade show was about the same:)
Security looked OK to me (but I think all the gear had already gone by Sunday):eek:
In summary
I think if you want to show people the game they should be able to see it all(not just the cpl field)dont forget these 12yr olds are the games future let them see it
Access should be easy for all( Fair play to the clan lads traveling from Scotland:D ) NEC is equal for all, or at least central.
The trade fair at NEC was OK:rolleyes:
Do we really need a stadium??? The NEC was only a car park. there are thousands of these all over the country. Farmers crippled by teh mad cow uproar would love to rent out their empty flat gazing fields.
Anyway Joy were great, The crowd were great when they booed TonTons and KELLY'S were FANTASTIC Thanxs for a great day out.
Where ever it is next year we will be there;)

MattN

Sep 13, 2005
Yorkshire
w.co
I think the farm land idea is bloody good one, you could pick virtually anywhere in the country, but would there be any insurance issues?

MattN

Sep 13, 2005
Yorkshire
w.co
If they got a rapor going with a farm, or even some of the private estates (the mess left afterwoods couldnt be worse than the music festivals), you could have a venue for life.

Dark Warrior

www.paintballscene.co.uk
Nov 28, 2002
www.paintballscene.co.uk
OK I have never been there but bare with me on this

Why not set it up near an amusement park like Wickstead. It's only just north of London, and there is a local attraction nearby.

Just a thought.

I have read through most of this and just scanned other bits, and it seems to me that most people would rather do the NEC than CP. there was obviously some reasons why CC went back to CP this year.
I was talking to Niall Squires (Mr Campaign Cup) on Sunday when I was there, and from what I understood from talking to Niall at the NEC last year and talking to him on Sunday was, (and sorry Niall if I speak out of terms with this)
I dont know the ins and outs of this reason to move back to CP and dont want to, but in some way it seems as though the NEC "stuffed" either the CC or the MS organizers. Well "stuffed was the word Niall used to me. I dont know if that was meaning the price the NEC charged for the hire of a "CAR PARK" or the fact they were charging spectators to enter and park, or any other reasons. Like I said, I DONT know the ins and outs and think the reasons are best left with the organizers.
Another thing I heard alot of last year was, the actual cost of having a trade stand was very expensive. I remember Jules from Planet telling me it cost a fortune for them to have their tent there last year.
Taking these 2 reasons into acount we have to remember things like,
If trades are being charged the earth there wont be many cheaper deals for the average baller.
If spectators are being charged to enter car parks, most will turn around and leave.
If the organizers are being "stuffed" then the cost WILL be passed down the line for us to cover, or they will move to a different location. How many times will people put up with being sh*t on???
The food last year was so over priced it was unreal. I had a huge burger this year for £4-50. A fair price I thought for London Town. Face it, I live in somerset and could probably buy a whole cow for £4-50 but I still thought it was a fair price, and it was lush.
I dont know if any of the above reasons are why it moved back to CP, but if true I would imagine they had some bearing.

I know the amount of hard work Niall and his staff put into sorting the CC, and I am damn sure he is trying to do all he can to see the future of the CC remain in this country. Lets face it he has been running the CC for over 15 years now.
I will admit I didnt enjoy it as much as last year, and I was looking forward to seeing some good games. I didnt see hardly any because of the restrictions. I had more fun walking around and seeing people I only get chance to see once a year to tell you the truth.
I didnt notice much different stuff on the trade stands, or maybe I just got too much kit.
We all need to start supporting the Campaign Cup as like already said this is our flagship event of the year. Niall will sort all problems and I am sure the CC will be a great event next year where ever it is held, and I am sure 90% of you guys will be there too.
I would like to say well done to all involved with it and an even bigger well done if it was only set up in a couple of days. The mistakes with the netting and scaffold I am sure will be sorted, as we all learn from mistakes.
It was great to meet some of the guys I have got talking to on these forums, and for those I missed, catch you soon.
See you all there next year where ever it will be
Nige

Dark Warrior

www.paintballscene.co.uk
Nov 28, 2002
www.paintballscene.co.uk
Had to pay to enter Crystal Palace Car Park on Sunday :mad:
And a further £10 to be able to watch non CPL teams play :mad:

When the top UK domestic team is on the verge of getting into CPL and they are playing a blinder, would have been nice to be able to see some of thier games. The Birmingham layout allowed you to see any team play that you wished. Crystal Palace's layout reminded me more of Esher than previous CC events

Had to pay to enter Crystal Palace Car Park on Sunday :mad:
That SUCKS!!!
We got there near 10ish and didnt have to pay. Wonder why they started? Not being funny, looking at some of the staff mulling around the car park it wouldnt surprise me if they were charging and putting the cash in their pockets or pointing out cars to the local riff raff.
Like I said there are obviously reasons Niall had to change the venue and I am damn sure he will try to rectify things as the CC is his baby and has been for years.
Someone also made a comparison to HG4, but others picked that apart. We will never have 100% of ballers happy but most will still go there next year.
Lets stop slating this one and look forward to next year.
Nige

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Spreadz, I think you'll find Barry Fuggle and Steve Baldwin did all the setting up and work on this year's CC as Niall has pretty much taken a back seat now and basically just secured the venue this year with all the management and organization etc being done by the rest of the board.