The Home Of European Paintball

Campaign......the verdict?

Fat-Frank

Cookie member
Aug 29, 2001
Oslo,Norway
www.menace.no
Who`s paying for who

The discussion about who`s paying for who has been going on since i started playing:rolleyes: and that have been on a regular basis since 2000, and that makes it for 8 seasons now:eek: so i feel i have payed my fair share to the Millennium.
In these years i have worked my way from what was called Novice, up til the socalled Pro-division.
I think there is both teams there are playing 1 or 2 legs just for fun & atmosphere, and teams that take it a little bit more serious to become better & work their way to the top, or the best they can be.
Off course these teams will have a different look at was is important for a tournament to be perfect!

But the argument that there is the lower divisions that founds the league (i am not talking about vendors, but the MS), is not the whole thruth anymore.

In my opinion the Millenium Board has done a smart financial solution when it comes to locking down the leauge!
Now you have 48 CPL & SPL teams that is under contract to enter every leg, and because of relegation, you have a good share of the Div.1 teams entering every leg. 30 D1 teams has attended every event, and in London there where 37 teams!!
And CPL & SPL teams pay a lot more than the "lower" divisions.

Just wanted to say it:D Since the who`s paying for who discussions has been around for a long time, but i feel that has canged a little bit;)

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Nick, for me, the bottom line is this, I don't say things about you that are untrue and then put a smiley face on the back end in the hope people will automatically assume I have my tongue in my cheek or I am being ironic.

A lot of people out there who read your posts will assume what you said is correct and as for this particluar situation, well, I just ain't having it !!!
I DO NOT do what you stated and I will defend myself and whatever rep I am supposed to have.
I have enough of people in this indurtsy making up shi!t about me without you writing more of it on here.

If you are gonna lock horns with me on this forum, then I am gonna ask but one thing, you can call me all the muthas under the sun, that I don't care about, but please don't lie about me and expect other people to assume it is a lie.
The printed word is extremely powerful as you know and unless you put a qualifier on it, the readers are gonna think it's true.
That's all I will ask.

Nick Brockdorff

Jul 9, 2001
www.uglyducklings.dk
Nick, for me, the bottom line is this, I don't say things about you that are untrue and then put a smiley face on the back end in the hope people will automatically assume I have my tongue in my mouth or I am being ironic.

A lot of people out there who read your posts will assume what you said is correct and as for this particluar situation, well, I just ain't having it !!!
I DO NOT do what you stated and I will defend myself and whatever rep I am supposed to have.
I have enough of people in this indurtsy making up shi!t about me without you writing more of it on here.

If you are gonna lock horns with me on this forum, then I am gonna ask but one thing, you can call me all the muthas under the sun, that I don't care about, but please don't lie about me and expect other people to assume it is a lie.
The printed word is extremely powerful as you know and unless you put a qualifier on it, the readers are gonna think it's true.
That's all I will ask.
But I haven't said anything untrue?

I already qualified that in the previous post - at length

Now, you obviously disagree - and that was to be expected - and all I hope to get out of this really, is that when we debate on here in the future, you steer away from the personal insults and keep it clean - because that way it is a lot more enjoyable to debate.

Nick

Nick Brockdorff

Jul 9, 2001
www.uglyducklings.dk
The discussion about who`s paying for who has been going on since i started playing:rolleyes: and that have been on a regular basis since 2000, and that makes it for 8 seasons now:eek: so i feel i have payed my fair share to the Millennium.
In these years i have worked my way from what was called Novice, up til the socalled Pro-division.
I think there is both teams there are playing 1 or 2 legs just for fun & atmosphere, and teams that take it a little bit more serious to become better & work their way to the top, or the best they can be.
Off course these teams will have a different look at was is important for a tournament to be perfect!

But the argument that there is the lower divisions that founds the league (i am not talking about vendors, but the MS), is not the whole thruth anymore.

In my opinion the Millenium Board has done a smart financial solution when it comes to locking down the leauge!
Now you have 48 CPL & SPL teams that is under contract to enter every leg, and because of relegation, you have a good share of the Div.1 teams entering every leg. 30 D1 teams has attended every event, and in London there where 37 teams!!
And CPL & SPL teams pay a lot more than the "lower" divisions.

Just wanted to say it:D Since the who`s paying for who discussions has been around for a long time, but i feel that has canged a little bit;)
Actual numbers from the CC:

CPL paid € 32,900 = 18.28 % of total entry fee
SPL paid € 52,640 = 29.24 % of total entry fee
Dv1 paid € 43,945 = 24.41 % of total entry fee
Dv2 paid € 27,025 = 15.01 % of total entry fee
M5 paid € 23,500 = 13.05 % of total entry fee

Assuming Frank is right that 90 % of Div. 1 are "serious teams" - then almost 70 % of the entry fees are paid by teams that view paintball as a "sport".

:)

Nick

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
But I haven't said anything untrue?

I already qualified that in the previous post - at length

Now, you obviously disagree - and that was to be expected - and all I hope to get out of this really, is that when we debate on here in the future, you steer away from the personal insults and keep it clean - because that way it is a lot more enjoyable to debate.

Nick
Nick, with reference to your somewhat lengthy explanation of our debates I got no problem in accepting most of what you said but you have missed something out and it is vital it is flagged up before I leave this alone.

'Yes' we do end up in heated debates and maybe i do get personal but here is why i do.
I want you to consider the following :-

If I enter into a debate with somebody who is well versed in whatever subject we are talking, there is a certain amount of acceptance and respect I will have for that person i.e. you !

But, if you take up a contrary position that runs contra to what I KNOW to be your intelligence quotient then I will attack you as a person coz you are taking the frikkin piss outa me by doing that.

I will explain more what I mean..if you say to me, 'Pete, I believe that when x squared = 64, that x = 8', I will say 'yes' it does Nick but, that's not the whole answer, you then come back with "oh yeah, explain why not", I then go into an area of mathematics that explains the idea of negative numbers and when they too are multiplied together, 'their product will also be positive' ....but, you won't accept this and you do this not because you can't follow the reasoning, but because it is me saying it.

At THAT point, I will attack you personally because I know full well you have the intelligence to follow the reasoning (just like the debate we had where Magued had to nail you) but you just WILL NOT accept it from me and so you end up disappearing up your own arse in trying to rebut me with me getting more and more pissed off, you have done this on several occasions Nick.

Glen gave you some idea of how you come across, so it's not just me and yes, I know full well I will have certain things said about me but ya know what Nick, I will always concede in the face of a more rational argument, you won't (when it comes from me), and that's the difference.

When my peer group start saying things about me, I will listen, you don't !

Magic_8ball

$outh $ide
Sep 24, 2005
Probably Licking AL France...
Visit site
Brian French... seen mostly with Magued most of the night, and, im not sure exactly WHO bought him the drinks, but he did end up hammered (started, and finished the night without his wallet)... maybe you didnt miss a few of those 'two free drinks'? ;):rolleyes::eek:
Just to clarify Freddie, Brian is the "older british guy" you were asking about on MSN the other night :p You know, the one who was photographed stroking Mellis' hair, the one who was nearly thrown out for pouring drinks over Goj's head...yeah, that one :p