Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Cheating in paintball Survey

Devrij

Sex-terrorist
Dec 3, 2007
Bristol
So, when do we get to see these results? I wanna know just how bad we are as a community for cheating.

stongle

Crazy Elk. Mooooooooooo
Aug 23, 2002
The Wynn
Visit site
Its not overshooting until they are out :)
And then it's "leaving presents" all the way to the deadbox. Although when I stopped playing it was only called overshooting after you reloaded.

Whatever the morals of cheating or more specifically "overshooting" / "bonus balling", in a points based game it can create a psychological advantage. If you know the opposition is going to release the "pain train" on your ass, you're play a different game. Choo-Choo.

Raffles

Going....going....not quite dead yet...
Jun 21, 2004
oldham - lancs
And it's always good to get a few in your opponents pack as they leave the field - means they have to spend longer cleaning up (useful in X-Ball ;)).

Devrij

Sex-terrorist
Dec 3, 2007
Bristol
And it's always good to get a few in your opponents pack as they leave the field - means they have to spend longer cleaning up (useful in X-Ball ;)).
Another good dirty x-ball trick: shoot their empty pods so they spin around and face you, then shoot the insides so they have to be cleaned.... or until they break. No pods = no paint. Diiiiiirty play.

unistu

Platinum Member
Jul 10, 2008
newcastle
and lets hope the players who do, accept their 'deserved ' 3 v 1's with out howling like a banshee, ITS NOT FAIR!!!!!! ;):)

will fully agree on that 1 if you are going to cheat dont winge like a b*tch when you get caught

i and a few other lads got talking with a couple of UK REFS after an event and what was said then is there is more than jus 2 teams on a field and you are playing 2 games in 1 one. 1 againt the other team which is shooting back at you and 1 against the refs (if you are trying to cheat ya way to the top) 1 also said and i quote "he did not care if someone cheats as it keeps him on his toes and so long as when they were caught they did not winge about it"

i mean every1 has a winge at the ref now and again as testosterone (what a big word for me) raises and adrenalin pumps. i do but not when im caught for playing on/cheating whatever. i dont do it that much anyhow.

what really boils the blood tho is when people brag on and on about its just no good. i have had a crack on with the lads that ref at NSPA saying ha you didnt catch me that time did you i never even wiped anything but the times i actually have tried and failed my teams mates get the worst of it so i give up and dont do it no more but still go mad at refs when some1 does it to me but thats just how i am :D

my wonderful 2ps worth

Ps. i cant spell if you havnt guessed :rolleyes:

Raffles

Going....going....not quite dead yet...
Jun 21, 2004
oldham - lancs
...Ps. i cant spell if you havnt guessed :rolleyes:
We guessed (oh, and you may want to include grammar, punctuation and presentation in that statement :p). I guess you're not studying English at university then ;).

EDIT : Isn't it interesting how this started out life as a 'survey on cheating' only to end up as a 'x-ballers guide to the dark side' :eek:!?

AlexMcAlpine

P8ntballer TeamSpeak Mod
Just throwing in my opinion.

Don't think wiping and cheating is part of paintball and everyone does it. Because they don't. I am amazed to see so many people admitting to it.

There's a difference between not noticing a hit on your pod pack and carrying on for example. But not taking a hit that you know is there is something that shouldn't be in paintball.

As for everyone doing it, sup air would seem to be a world where anything goes and the rules mean nothing if you guys are happy with cheating. I play scenario, we're honest and will take hits when they come. There will be a few players that will sometimes be dishonest but if they're found out their reputation is down the drain.