Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Cheating in paintball Survey

Tony Harrison

What is your beef with the Mac?
Mar 13, 2007
I've reffed a little, and would be happy to teach a course.

Here's 3 points that will instantly make you a better ref:-

1. Know the rules.
2. Know where to stand on the field (i.e., not behind the players, or stuck to the netting).
3. Know the difference between a hit and spray.

Raffles

Going....going....not quite dead yet...
Jun 21, 2004
oldham - lancs
Jon - maybe we should start a 'ref school' at the NQ? I wonder if any of the original 'UK Refs' would be interested in teaching as well?

Tony Harrison

Mar 13, 2007
Yes, I will certainly ask them.

We could run a class at NQ, but it comes down to the usual thing from attendees - commitment to attend, and to pay for the course.

By paying, I mean paying the green fee for use of the site.

I would supply the course materials FOC.

Raffles

Going....going....not quite dead yet...
Jun 21, 2004
oldham - lancs
Oh, looks like we have a plan here. Give me a bell sometime (07980 894 454) and we can talk/meet up to discuss it more.

</threadjack> (sorry)

Matski

SO hot right now
Aug 8, 2001
I've reffed a little, and would be happy to teach a course.

Here's 3 points that will instantly make you a better ref:-

1. Know the rules.
2. Know where to stand on the field (i.e., not behind the players, or stuck to the netting).
3. Know the difference between a hit and spray.
It's a pretty sad state if you have "reffed a little" and feel qualified enough to be teaching reffing to PA refs. You're talking rec-ball standard reffing...i.e. the minimum. Not a poor reflection on you, but on them/the organisation...

Gilly Uk Ref

Feb 19, 2007
It's a pretty sad state if you have "reffed a little" and feel qualified enough to be teaching reffing to PA refs. You're talking rec-ball standard reffing...i.e. the minimum. Not a poor reflection on you, but on them/the organisation...
Yeah Jonathan just what do you know??????.... Lol......I think Rich tried to do a coarse recently but put it on hold....

JWarren

www.khayos.co.uk
Mar 11, 2009
Billingham/Teeside
www.khayos.co.uk
I agree with the guy who talked about borderline hits. Sorry I couldnt be bothered to look back for your name. I have never purposefully wiped ever. If a ball hits between the bottom of my foot and ground its a 50/50. Most times I would carry on unless the majority is on my foot. Same with hits on my pack. I will carry on if a ref doesnt call me out later to find it was a hit and just consider myself lucky. I like the dirty xball tricks btw haha.

RICH HARRIS

The legend limps on
Nov 18, 2002
Living on the edge, often bouncing on a ledge
Welooked at holding a ref clinic at the MTPC not so long ago, had to post pone it but still on the cards, Maybe looking at a saturday now before a CPPS event or a date when nothing is on. Just a case of having numbers to make it viable both atendees and the UK refs to attend.

Tony Harrison

Mar 13, 2007
Raffles - I will give you a bell tomorrow and we'll talk.

I'm happy to run a course anywhere we can get the numbers - NQ, MTPC or Masters.

I am the best qualified of the UK Refs to run a course because I am the only one of them which can spell and punctuate correctly.

Just to give a quick summary of my reffing experience:-

First event reffed: EPSF Fundraiser at Warpaint, Leeds, in 1992.

Through the 90's, I reffed at mainly regional events, including most of Bully's events, for WDP at their events at NTF including both Hyperball events, and at most of the Mayhem Masters Events.

In more recent years, I have reffed for the Masters and the PA, at a few
Millennium events, and in Malaysia.

In 2004, I had the idea that we should travel further afield and arranged for the UK Refs to ref for the PSP, which has led to a lasting professional relationship.

Founder member of Manchester Marshals.
Founder member of UK Refs.
Drinks more tea than Russel Smith.
Slimmer than Gilly. And balder.

stongle

Crazy Elk. Mooooooooooo
Aug 23, 2002
The Wynn
Visit site
Welooked at holding a ref clinic at the MTPC not so long ago, had to post pone it but still on the cards, Maybe looking at a saturday now before a CPPS event or a date when nothing is on. Just a case of having numbers to make it viable both atendees and the UK refs to attend.
And I suppose you were going to be doing all the practical demonstrations????

Last time I saw you play (played you), the practical demonstration included:

"Loosing hits 101", "Ghosting the Chrono for Intermediates", "it's only over shooting if they die" and my personal favourite "hosing the deadbox"

So, have you found God or something???