Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Choices

Mark Toye-Nexus

Rushers
Jul 18, 2001
Sarf London
OK back to reality. Problem in the UK is, someone could start the ball rolling, there could be an amazing event, and then none of you punks actually play it. Thats what happens. Thats what happened in the past, and that's what would happen in the future.
In 1997 WDP held the Hyperball event and lost a ton of money because the teams did not support it. I believe it was at that stage they they decided not to bother holding events in the UK anymore. Blaming politics can wait. You guys want to blame someone, blame yourselves for now. Campaign was poorly supported, the peeps that have tried in the past to stimulate the UK scene have been poorly supported. Talking the talk on here is ridiculous, and knowing what I know about the history of UK ball, I find it a little hard to listen to.

Being as most people on here are proud supporters of Planet (nothing wrong with that by the way), why not ask them to stage an event in the UK? Typically you want to ask the people that you spend money with to help you out, and as Planet have the bulk of the market share in the UK, and you guys have already given them your hard-earned, why not? If you're waiting for PP to come along and blow thier wads creating a true spectacle, think about why they would do it. For the betterment of the sport? Sure, great idealogy, but who pays for it? Someone else? PP themselves? What happens when they announce that its 2500 euro's to enter and you all start squealing like stuck pigs?
Should the US market, (which is where WDP sell the bulk of thier guns) subsidise a quality UK event? How does that make sense.
No, first, before you think "where is the event we all want going to come from", think first "where is the money going to come from, because based on your track record, it ain't you guys.

Robbo would definitely need his godlike powers to make this happen. For starters he would need to turn water into wine, which PP could then use to get people drunk in the VIP, because I KNOW you'll all want free booze while you're there, right?

Sorry Pete, your hearts in the right place, your intensions are honorable and your idea's are great, but you're standing in front of an army of ballers that would happily let you charge 'over the top', only to find yourself looking around wondering where the rest of your troops are as you get filled with lead. They will be back in the trench moaning that they didn't expect to actually put themselves in any danger, or contribute anything other than words and meanless posturing to your valiant war-effort. We've spoken about this in the past, and I already know that you get where I'm coming from, and that it frustrates you as much as me. Its not like either of us can guarantee any kind of successful attendance, and we would drive ourselves mad trying to.

I have no problem with anyone objecting to this, and some of you will rightly feel you are justified in doing so, unfortunately there aren't enough of you.
Amen

And this reinforces my view that the guys sitting in teh driving seat, teh MS, need to readjust and use their monopoly in major Euro Tourneys and deliver what teh player wants. The risk for them is teeny weeny. For A N Other (PP) it would be mahoosive!

Lovetone

Peter Pan of Paintball
Feb 25, 2005
Manchestoh
www.myspace.com
MIssy, I am gonna nominate that last post of yours for 'post of the month' and I would ask each and every baller to read and re read what Missy says because no matter how much we might cringe with embarrassment, or even maybe get riled by his audacity to accuse us all, nevertheless, the man is 100%, damn right, straight up, on the money.
Basically, that post just about summed us all up.

A truly depressing but wholly profound insight into the unpalatable truth of UK paintball when it comes to 'talking the talk' and 'walking the walk'.

I am unable to follow that final act of Missy ................ where's the lights?

Wait....Missy is a GUY? Male?

Missy-Q

300lb of Chocolate Love
Jul 31, 2007
Harlem, NY
Its not that I'm a male, its just that due to Pete's post-war cockney upbringing, psychologically he needs to pretend I'm a male so that he can treat my posts with equal respect, otherwise he would be telling me I had no place in a mans world, and to get back to my 50's housewife bullshxt.