Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

cycles per second

DarWood

Dagenham Swarm
Nov 30, 2002
Originally posted by Skeetmaster
Thats not true at all...An RT or RT Pro Automag is capable of 26 BALLS PER SECOND not cycles...and without shootdown to boot...these are both mechanical markers.
True Gary, but! there's abit of bounce thrown in there too :p

Besides who cares! :p , 7 guys 7 paintballs. Thats all you need :D :D

Peace :)
Darren

jahlad

Emortal
Feb 11, 2002
Planet, 0161
Originally posted by Tommy Gun-Nexus
I think so :confused: :p

I dunno, my head hurts! :D

With CPS its the mechanics of a gun that limit it, isnt it? If the board is uncapped i mean..

:)
yep would be....let just agree that is would be fast :)

T

Tommy Gun-Nexus

Agreed :)

I spose we could ask the NXLers how fast they are :eek: :eek: :D ;)

dr.strangelove

PrematurelyPost-Traumatic
Sep 14, 2002
Earth
Originally posted by jahlad
as i already said you are not limited by the technology.....you could build a marker that will easily cycle faster than it is physically possible to move your finger to pull the trigger

the limiting factor is the speed of the muscle moving your finger
Like I said, if friction didn't exist, if your reaction time was unlimited, if you could have the marker shoot under computer control at X cycles per second, if the valve-open time could be shorter, whenever we talk about THEORECTICAL cps, that's exactly what it is, theory. Speculation, hypothesis, i.e., hasn't been tested, and in all likelihood won't be because there are too many "if's" involved.

Booti

suicide blonde comin thru
Aug 18, 2003
Manchester
Originally posted by Skeetmaster
Thats not true at all...An RT or RT Pro Automag is capable of 26 BALLS PER SECOND not cycles...and without shootdown to boot...these are both mechanical markers.
i humbley stand corrected :)

dr.strangelove

PrematurelyPost-Traumatic
Sep 14, 2002
Earth
Originally posted by Erik@ACP
Well why not test then, the marker WITH friction, WITH valve open time, WITH an anti-chop eye. Why don't you test it WITH all the circumstances and variables you would be against in a game.
Because that would be ACTUAL balls per second, not theoretical "cycles" per second (cycles per second being how many times the internals of a marker are capable of firing and recocking in one second. And "theoretical" meaning if everything involved in the process was unlimited, i.e., the limits of the physical universe were not in place:rolleyes: )

I would kinda like to know just how fast the marker can cycle, not bps, ok if a spyder takes 1/40th of a second to cycle how fast will an angel or matrix cycle?
That information should be available from the manufacturer, and does not fall under the category of "theoretical" cycles per second, but simply what a marker's parts are rated to (i.e., how fast they have been tested to go).