Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

D7 Results 22nd August

A.B

London E.C.I 2008 retired
Jul 8, 2002
hampshire uk
i dunno what testing was done- but my suggestion would be to write a trigger bounce check into the rules for next year- that way everyone knows the limit and the marshalls can do a designated check- not a 'well i'm just pulling it to see if i can bounce it' (it's a frikkin electro of course you can):rolleyes:

Millenium rules would be a good set to use

A.B :)

Rob (impact uk)

Beer monster
Apr 10, 2002
south east
www.nemesissports.co.uk
Bouncing guns

The Marshall on field three that was getting the guns to bounce, has virtually no experience of firing any other gun, than an angel.
I thought he did an absolutly sterling job of finding these guns, it doesnt make any difference if there is a specific way to hold it, or fire it. The fact that a complete novice doing the job, and can make it bounce is the whole point I think.

Troggy

May 12, 2003
Pompey in'it
www.ibertek.com
Originally posted by A.B

Millenium rules would be a good set to use
You may wanna wait till you've played a millennium this year b4 saying that ;) It's a little more strict than last year, and NickyT won't be there to bale out the 100's of Eblade users like in Toulouse!

The captains meeting in Toulouse, all teams were advised to bring extra paint with them to the chrono station as there was not going to be a time/paint limit on the chrono marshall to find a bounce if s/he suspected a gun.

Rob I think you are right to a degree. When we marshalled the D7's we had a very mixed range of comments about checking for bounce. We checked for bounce because its in the rules, however my own personal opinion is that the whole rule should be ignored until the organiser provides a way that guns should be tested, and ensures that every designated chrono marshall adheres to this testing.

Anyhow the this topic has been brought up on P8 a million times

Bouncing guns

Originally posted by Rob (impact uk)
The Marshall on field three that was getting the guns to bounce, has virtually no experience of firing any other gun, than an angel.
I thought he did an absolutly sterling job of finding these guns, it doesnt make any difference if there is a specific way to hold it, or fire it. The fact that a complete novice doing the job, and can make it bounce is the whole point I think.
I totally agree;and I got pulled for bounce! I had no idea that my cocker bounced but I got no right or desire to bitch about it when the marshall did it in front of me.
Its much fairer if this is checked on by the refs and it should discourage cheating in future.

Bird

MaidenheadTrauma
Feb 19, 2003
Visit site
Originally posted by Gups
It was the first time i'd played D7's and couldnt believe how quickly the games were over. My paint comsumption was only about a quarter of what it usually is, lol ;) I guess it's all down to field size, being nearly as wide as they are long. Good organisation though and nice friendly tourney.
Thanks Gups and DB for helping out with paint and for holding up the back of the field!

Good tourney, great to meet some old faces (Grampz :p )

Relief to see a 'ladeez only' portaloo!
And great beef sarnies Dave!!

Defo up for putting in a more regular Ringer team next year
Birdx

Jurg$

know heart. know glory.
Apr 28, 2003
Dirty South
www.ambushpaintball.co.uk
Cheers to all the div 2 teams, some real good games against you guys.
just to echo what everyone else has said, this series keeps getting better and better. nice work.
Not too sure on the rules for bounce though...

sjt19

May 23, 2002
Visit site
Bouncing guns

Originally posted by Rob (impact uk)
it doesnt make any difference if there is a specific way to hold it, or fire it. The fact that a complete novice doing the job, and can make it bounce is the whole point I think.
I disagree mate. I saw judges holding guns on their side, and slowly pulling the trigger to make it bounce once or twice. The gun needs to be tested in the manner consistent with the way in which the gun is held on field. I was testing guns on my field in Toulouse, and there were guns that bounced a lot, and guns that fired 2 balls when held in a certain manner. These guns do bot cause the problem, and common sense should dictate that they are not giving players an advantage in a game. In my mind, if a judge finds bounce in a gun. He should ask himself if the bounce will give the player an advantage in the game. If not, then why bother to penalise?

A FAR FAR FAR FAR greater problem was ramping guns at dartford. Which are easy to spot, but relatively hard to assess. They were largely left unpunished, and unchecked as well while judges wasted their time on trying to find bounce on other guns.

By the way, i thought the judges were very good at Darftord, major respect to everyone in a black and white!:)

Maybe a small commitee could be chosen for the next D7 event, made up of a player from each division, 1-4, ensuring comprehensive coverage to judge, using their ears as to whether a gun is ramping or not. They are easy to hear. The 4 guys would each take it in turns to rip the gun, and judge whether it was ramping or not. Penalties could be decided upon after that. Thoughts?

Oct 28, 2003
south central bookham
Re: Bouncing guns

Originally posted by sjt19
Maybe a small commitee could be chosen for the next D7 event, made up of a player from each division, 1-4, ensuring comprehensive coverage to judge, using their ears as to whether a gun is ramping or not. They are easy to hear. The 4 guys would each take it in turns to rip the gun, and judge whether it was ramping or not. Penalties could be decided upon after that. Thoughts?
you cant pull a gun because you can hear it going fast.

if you cant get conclusive evidence you cant prove it

PEACHIE

canine defence league
Jun 22, 2003
Visit site
totally agree. testing must be scientific as quite a few players hit peak firing speed 1-2 secs into a burst. This is n't ramping but quite natural. On the subject of bouncing the onus should be on marker manufacturers to make their product bounce proof not players. It seems to me that most of the time the player hasn't set out to make their marker bounce but the bounce is inherent in the product. This is unfair on the player who has generally spent the best part of a grand if not more on their marker. At this sort of outlay they just should not bounce and its about time manufacturers sorted it out.

Oct 28, 2003
south central bookham
in my mind this bounce thing is ridiculous.

no one takes the time to pull the trigger that slowly and to only gain an extra shot.

if the gun is going crazy like firing 20 balls then i could understand but when the vibrations of the gun set the trigger of so it fires two shots cos you pull the trigger slowly. its a joke.

if there isnt any real advantage then let them play.

kyle