Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

D7 Results 22nd August

PEACHIE

canine defence league
Jun 22, 2003
Visit site
Too right. Checking for TB is one of the most pointless things to check before a game. If a marshall feels during a game that a marker is bouncing and an unfair advantage has been gained then check the marker after the game and penalise if necessary. Most of the time i feel its just bs politics at big tourneys and that the whole issue has become so over inflated that the many more numerous forms of cheating that are present don't even get discussed. Although marshalling is improving at D7's some marshalls are still having problems doing paintchecks(or more precisely communicating with each other to get checks done quickly) and some of the marshalls positioning leaves a lot to be desired. Marshalls should be spending less time worrying about TB and more time trying to get these things right imho.

Rob (impact uk)

Beer monster
Apr 10, 2002
south east
www.nemesissports.co.uk
TB

Trigger bounce checks are not pointless peachie, a safety factor comes into this, I know I would not like to be hit by one of the guns in the very first games on sunday that we checked. After bouncing a couple of times, the thing went into full auto with no one touching the trigger.

Ralph

BAD TO THE BONE
Originally posted by PEACHIE
On the subject of bouncing the onus should be on marker manufacturers to make their product bounce proof not players. It seems to me that most of the time the player hasn't set out to make their marker bounce but the bounce is inherent in the product. This is unfair on the player who has generally spent the best part of a grand if not more on their marker. At this sort of outlay they just should not bounce and its about time manufacturers sorted it out.

Every sport i know F1-WSB- indycar-200 meters-weightlifting etc etc get their tech crew to squeeze the last drop of performance out of it. I've not met a tournament player yet that has played with box standard equipment and now the mechanical element is being surpassed by the electronic/chip aspect it's even easier to blind people with science.
Why do olympians still take performance enhancing drugs and as soon as the latest computer game is marketed the cheats for the game are published.A percieved improvement in performance that's why.
Put the two together It's called a paintballer.

Ralph

BAD TO THE BONE
Originally posted by PEACHIE
Most of the time i feel its just bs politics at big tourneys.
Full auto tournies!!!!! the paint manufacturers/ tournaments would be up for it:eek: But thankfully full auto guns are illegal :D
i 4 1 would not be marshaling a full auto event you wouldn't need marshals come to think of it, you'd need strecther bearers :(

A.B

London E.C.I 2008 retired
Jul 8, 2002
hampshire uk
I don't think anyone is saying that players should be allowed onto the field with any marker that is unsafe due to bouncing ramping etc

- but what people are saying is that there should be a 'STATED' test for bounce prior to the event- this way everyone is singing from the same sheet, on the day the test i observed was totally inadequete and while i appreciate the effort to test for bouncing guns i observed a procedure that in game would provide absolutely no advantage to a player but did enable the occasional bounce.

State a test prior to the event publically- then use this test only, anyone who fails the test has either not adjusted their markers prior to the event or simply is playing the naughty player card.

Just my 2p worth but i feel strongly about it

A.B

L J

big big titties
in my opinion:

as far as i can see, everyone says the way it was tested for wouldnt help in a game, but if a gun bounces in a game, and say fires to balls for one pull, if they are walking the trigger, it could conievably go twice the speed... so it would be a help then

Superflyuk

Banned
Feb 24, 2004
Dead Box
www.jojomorgan.co.uk
Originally posted by A.B
I don't think anyone is saying that players should be allowed onto the field with any marker that is unsafe due to bouncing ramping etc

- but what people are saying is that there should be a 'STATED' test for bounce prior to the event- this way everyone is singing from the same sheet, on the day the test i observed was totally inadequete and while i appreciate the effort to test for bouncing guns i observed a procedure that in game would provide absolutely no advantage to a player but did enable the occasional bounce.

State a test prior to the event publically- then use this test only, anyone who fails the test has either not adjusted their markers prior to the event or simply is playing the naughty player card.

Just my 2p worth but i feel strongly about it

A.B

totally agree with u, but rather than just 1 set way of testing, say 3 or 4, cos different guns bounce in different ways, but i agree if it bounces once on a blue moon and gives the player no advantage then why pull it?