Domestic Pro League hits tha UK

Ben Frain

twit twoo
Sep 7, 2002
In a tree
When is this 2005? 2006?
Where? One location or many?
How much per event?
What will differentiate this from what the PA is doing?
Will this be using millennium rules? Presume not if a new format is involved??

Originally posted by Ben Frain
When is this 2005? 2006?
Where? One location or many?
How much per event?
What will differentiate this from what the PA is doing?
Will this be using millennium rules? Presume not if a new format is involved??
From what I know, which ain't much...

1. 2005
2. Several
3. ???
4. XBall format, top Pros all playing
5. I think a *******ization of Mill/EXL, but I dunno.

Ben Frain

twit twoo
Sep 7, 2002
In a tree
Originally posted by TJ Lambini
From what I know, which ain't much...

1. 2005
2. Several
3. ???
4. XBall format, top Pros all playing
5. I think a *******ization of Mill/EXL, but I dunno.
Ah, from what you had written in news I thought you meant that just the Pro division would be playing the Xball style format?

Is the Xball just for the pro's or for the great unwashed also?

I think it's great if everybody gets to play the Xball format thing but of little interest if Xball is only for the Pro's, after all there are plenty of 5 and 7 man leagues throughout the UK already :confused:

Ah, from what you had written in news I thought you meant that just the Pro division would be playing the Xball style format?

Is the Xball just for the pro's or for the great unwashed also?

I think it's great if everybody gets to play the Xball format thing but of little interest if Xball is only for the Pro's, after all there are plenty of 5 and 7 man leagues throughout the UK already :confused:
I think, but don't know, that tha masses play 7-Man but if you qualify up to tha Pros you change format - I think tha Pro thing is supposed to accomplish several things:

1. Give tha Pros a chance to play each other and mutually raise standards in a competitive environment whilst demonstrating their sponsors gear.

2. Let younger players watch and learn.

3. Let tha Pros scout out new young talent and offer help and advice.

Ben Frain

twit twoo
Sep 7, 2002
In a tree
Originally posted by TJ Lambini
I think, but don't know, that tha masses play 7-Man but if you qualify up to tha Pros you change format - I think tha Pro thing is supposed to accomplish several things:

1. Give tha Pros a chance to play each other and mutually raise standards in a competitive environment whilst demonstrating their sponsors gear.

2. Let younger players watch and learn.

3. Let tha Pros scout out new young talent and offer help and advice.
Ah, not quite so exciting for me then - won't ever be good (or young) enough for pro but would like to play the X style game.

Seems a bit odd to have everything but the top division playing a different format, no?

Wouldn't it just make more sense to just have a UK X-ball league for the big hitters? UKXBL has a nice ring. Or will the lower leagues sort of just exist to help finance the more costly X format the pro's will enjoy?

Suppose all the answers will come out in the wash eventually...

SiXplicit

AFGM
Mar 7, 2002
Sunny UK!
www.bullswood.com
However it turns out, you know with all those heads together the outcome can only be a good thing. Even though details are limited, the idea sounds like exactly what UK paintball needs. You can count me in for that one if/when it happens!

Teej, keep sending that mole of yours out. A lot of people are gonna be asking for a lot of info on this one!

Seems a bit odd to have everything but the top division playing a different format, no?

Wouldn't it just make more sense to just have a UK X-ball league for the big hitters? UKXBL has a nice ring. Or will the lower leagues sort of just exist to help finance the more costly X format the pro's will enjoy?

Suppose all the answers will come out in the wash eventually...
1. IMO yes, but it's kinda what Mill and PSP did, and what NPPL was going to do, so it ain't unprecedented. But Yeh, I think it's a lil odd.

2. Not tha vaguest clue - tha mole will know.