Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Domestic Pro League hits tha UK

Parksy

Platinum Member
Oct 27, 2002
Newcastle, UK
Originally posted by Andy Piper
Sounds like a great idea and I am sure it will all work, but one thing that worries me........ Has anyone asked the PA if they can do this? I mean they own british paintball so surely they should be asked..... just curious :D :D
Strange you mention this Andy... just had the exact conversation with someone else :D

IanC

Jan 24, 2003
Searching for the pro-tour....:S
Originally posted by Kevin
how will they pick the top 8 teams ?
there are some that are given (tigers, shock, nexus)
but what about the other spots ?
Hold an open qualifier tourney??? let those with big enough kahuna's stand up and be counted?

Or perhaps it will be a franchise as has been suggested elsewhere.

stongle

Crazy Elk. Mooooooooooo
Aug 23, 2002
The Wynn
Visit site
C'mon competition between two leagues is a good thing for Paintball, and especially you lot the paying customers. Skinny on the street is, Scutty's been developing a newer, more effective and economical version of the PA ref:

This is the Piper variant, although sources suggest their having some problems ironing out the PA glitches.

I'll post more images when my spyfootage from the PGi SR71 Blackbird is developed

IanC

Jan 24, 2003
Searching for the pro-tour....:S
Originally posted by Kevin
problem with a 1 off tourny is 'freak' results could happen,
example,. nexus could have an awful day, complete 1 off and miss the cut,
I know, could be interesting wouldn't you say.....:cool: ;)

And I didn't really propose that the likes of Nexus would nessecarily have to qualify, there are some teams who people regard as a given in these discussions, its the rest of the 8 that would have to fight it out.

I don't think it would be unreasonable to say that a team thats qualified for the Nppl pro-bracket doesn't automatically get in. Lets be honest without certain teams it would be a non-event, regardless of the other talent that would be there.

Guess we'll find out what the real deal is soon......very soon hopefully.....me, excited.....never........:D