Feb 6, 2002
An island in the rain
Dammit AJermstad!

Originally posted by Richard Kirke (DUPS Rocket) UK
You have overtaken me on post count!

At least I have four stars too!

Bow down to the Four Star members! For we are all Sad

Richard
Mwa ha ha ha!! You are now inferior compared to my almight powers!! (Ummm.....note the, um 'Almighty Member' thing under name, good, good) - And don't even think about starting that one word per post crap again!! :p

Ahem, anyway - I know what you mean! I ain't played for a couple of weeks either! I was supposed to go practice with the team I'm on about two weeks ago but I was sick dammit! :mad:

If you're the "Bloke in charge of organising the team", how about arranging a day to go and play? Like, well, lets see - maybe Sunday perhaps?? Umm......in the morning sometime, till....um....the evening sometime maybe? And tell them to remember to bring their PB equipment, and umm - that's about it! There we go! All done! Who said being the captain was a hard responsibility! Phooey! :D

Robin Hood

Formerly Jermy
Feb 6, 2002
An island in the rain
Remember Mooney - it's not about the no. of posts, but that quality of them!! ;)

I stick to this on the rest of the forum, but on this thread I just can't resist it

........must.....type.....something......constructive!!....

Oh yeah - if your in charge of the team, then you can implelmet a rigourous training routine for the team, whereby you can sit back on you're fat arse and tell the others that they've gotta do all these pushups, laps, whatever to make the cut for the team!

Alternatively, they may just pack up and leave establishing their own team and leaving you a sad, sad little man, all on his own playing with his cocker! DOH!

Dammit AJermstad!

Originally posted by AJermstad

Mwa ha ha ha!! You are now inferior compared to my almight powers!! (Ummm.....note the, um 'Almighty Member' thing under name, good, good) - And don't even think about starting that one word per post crap again!! :p
<snip>
If you're the "Bloke in charge of organising the team", how about arranging a day to go and play? Like, well, lets see - maybe Sunday perhaps?? Umm......in the morning sometime, till....um....the evening sometime maybe? And tell them to remember to bring their PB equipment, and umm - that's about it! There we go! All done! Who said being the captain was a hard responsibility! Phooey! :D
Hmm sarcasm, real funny :mad:

I think that going to tourneys that exist is a bit crazy, but I might just do it!

I have been trying to organise training, but noone seems to be keen (well the field captain and I are, but two blokes doing exercise in a field... lets just not go there).

I meant more along the lines of "how do you guys make sure you have got a team that won't pull out on the saturday afternoon?"

How do I go oganising with the organiser (not the procedure, but tips on how to be more helpful etc.)

Richard

I think Four Star Unleaded is funnier than Almighty, but there you go

Alex Hicks.

Just your average lunatic
Jul 14, 2001
Loughborough
Visit site
Richard,

The way to have a team that doesn't pull out is to have a team that is not full of students. Well we have three but the other two work as well so it don't really count. Hehe, glad you have my old job, it wasn't a nice one.
Try offering free beer to anyone playing, all the students will come running. Perhaps a pint per elimination or somat. Don't worry with you lot that will only sum up to a couple a tourney.
Don't let stars cover up your inadequacies. It's what you do on the field that counts. Don't worry I don't mean all the nasty words.

Robin Hood

Formerly Jermy
Feb 6, 2002
An island in the rain
You have a mean tounge Alex!

Originally posted by Richard Kirke (DUPS Rocket) UK
Still, practice day on Sunday :D So I'll get to try out my Quantumed cocker!
What the???

And also, I reckon Alex has a point there - if you can afford it then the free beer thing is a winner.
Otherwise though - if your alleged other 'members' of the team can't even be arsed to show up, then they're obviously not motivated enough to play anyway and not dedicated enough to be a member of any team! Go to your local field and pick up some new recruits if it's that bad!

Just what I think....

(Not trying to be mean mate, it's true though!)