Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

EBLADE FCUKED! help please....

Skeet

Platinum Member
Tok the Eblade out today, after a ****e birthday weekend, in th erain with a bad back and crap paint/paint to barrel match...broken hopper lid etc.
Was finr...had a weird moment when the eye did not want to work..marker cycled fine when eye off...wiped around th eye area seems ok.
Went to fill the tank from 3000psi nitrogen bottle...hooked nipple to fill station...Maxflow valcve closed as usual...undo main valve......BOOOM!!! marker flies up out of my hand, face blasted with ****e..marker takes 5 foot dive into the mud, lands side down...
i recover..check for missing limbs..all ok..check gun...looks fine apart from muddy!
Decide not to try filling again as still had 1200 psi in it anyway...goes to play..switches gas on...Max Flow is venting out of the front gently, guage reading above the set 600psi.
Goes to switch frame on...nothing...try holding button...display flashes four solid red blocks...FCUK!!!
Goes home unhappy.
Max Flo venting all the way home valve open or closed..still vents.

So...im worried...decide that the fillsstation may have had some rain in it..and this has blown stuff to ****e in the Max flow..then, when I opened the Maxflow, the water has gone into the eblade and upset the cocking solonoid.
Get home...remove grips and batterey, wipe gun down..some water on the metal parts of the frame under grips, non visible on the board...manualy operate sear solonoid while cocking gun to vent system....remove bottle...
frame now switches on and trigger works solonoid...unable to test full operation as have no air...
What now? Am i right? Did the frame detect a fault and fail safe?
Help me peeps...im a worried old balding 25 year old.man!!:D :D

Parksy

Platinum Member
Oct 27, 2002
Newcastle, UK
Originally posted by Skeetmaster
Went to fill the tank from 3000psi nitrogen bottle...hooked nipple to fill station...Maxflow valcve closed as usual...undo main valve......BOOOM!!! marker flies up out of my hand, face blasted with ****e..marker takes 5 foot dive into the mud, lands side down...
i recover..check for missing limbs..all ok..check gun...looks fine
That don't sound healthy fella??!! You sure the locking ring just wasted fully locked onto the nipple? Not good whatever it was...

Parksy

Platinum Member
Oct 27, 2002
Newcastle, UK
Most likely water getting into it from dropping the marker mate, a good dry out of an e-blade normally solves it. Team mates did the same thing at Elsham after getting wet, he stuck it in the car with the heater on to dry out and it way back working again as normal :)

As for the maxflo leaking, are you sure its not the fill nipple it was coming from? If there was dirt in the fill station it could have pushed it into the nipple and stopped the valve from closing. Might also explain why it popped off the fill station if the valve on it was not closed.

jeff

Banned
Jul 10, 2001
Surrey. England.
Visit site
Dunno bout MaxFlo's so cant help there. All I can suggest is cleaning out the reg and see if that sorts. Most reg probs are due to them being dirty.

As for your Blade. If you hold the "On" button in for long enough when you turn the gun on it will display the battery life bars.
4 bars means your battery has a healthy charge. Bonus!!!:D

As for why the big bang. If the residual gas in the fill rig wasn't dumped before removing the gun, then the pressure would blow the gun off the rig when you tried to remove it.

That might not have been it but thats all I can think of and I'm not really a tech-head, so I might be talking absolute ****e.

:confused:
Jeff

Skeet

Platinum Member
Cheers guys.
Well...the gun was fine before hand..I didnt try and remove it...I put iit on the rig to fill it..as I opened the main bottle valve the BANG! went off and th e gun shot off th efill station and i still have the stretchmarks in my ring from the fright!!
Didnt notice any leaking from the maxflow (def from the little mesh vent at the front on the locking cap bit, thing)
I think its water got in there at 3000 psi and made it all unhappy
Th frame wouldnt switch on at all...but now it does.
Must have been a fault or something there..
JACK...FLASH...JAHLD...Someone...reassure me that all will be well...anyone know how mutch a new cocking solonoid is?
If it needs one..

Mark

UK Cougars
Jul 9, 2001
England
www.ukcougars.co.uk
The max-flo leak is the internal oring same size as a bottle o ring, when it goes it doesn't matter what you do it will vent all of the gas take it apart and replace it. it is under the adjusting cap and there is a brass plate thingy (can't really describe in accurately) with the now shredded o ring on it (if any o ring at all)..replace the o ring, lube it up and your good to go.
Sounds as far as the fill rig is concerned that you forgot to turn the air off from the rig when you tried to remove the marker, either that or you hadn't made a good connection and IF the max-flo started to leak as you filled then you would have not realised you hadn't shut of the air etc as panic would have set in...it happens. If it wasn't that that caused it, it would mean that the fill nipple failed and you need a new one, pennies really. As for the e-blade put it in the airing cupboard and try it in a days time

MRfixit

Apr 16, 2002
south east
Visit site
My poor baby,what have you done too it ?,still it might be good for a door stop now,perhaps you should have fed it RED BULL.On the serious side does it still work :confused: :confused: :mad: :mad:

liamliddy

Mar 31, 2003
BRIGG NRTH LINCS
Visit site
As Buddha said, the reason the gun left your hands is due to not having the fill nipple inserted correctly, you should always make sure the ring wil turn easily on the fill station after inserting the nipple straight on, not sideways anything like that, did it to me once the first time i filled a bottle on my own when i first started, luckily i managed to hold onto the gun but my arm went skywards :eek: it put me off air for months, we like each other now we got to know ne another a little better :D