Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Equipment Storage

onasilverbike

I'm a country member!
Rosie said:
...Am I the only person worried about having the most expensive thing I own (yeah I'm 18; it is :() mounted in plain view in a glass wardrobe?

Kit lives in it's own wardrobe in the garage, over 3 shelves, two boxes and a shelf for the kit bag where the kit I use everytime I play is kept. The other two boxes are for really random crap, and crap I might use occasionally but not enough to merit taking to site.
It's an old kitchen unit...works fine for me, coverered in stickers & I did a ND paw stancil on it...big enough etc for purpose yet not eye catching enough to draw a burglar to it like a glass-fronted cabinet would...

Though remembering DT it's usually nothing to do with what people REALLY want, and more to do with what will look good in a project, so yeah carry on, those temperature controlled drawers sound good, tho maybe you could focus more on a locked gun-style cabinet for expensive kit.
I'd be more worried about keeping my gear in a garage, cold, damp and not always that secure, all my bikes are locked to the floor with heavy chains as it is!

Though fair point about this being a project, all you need to do is impress!

So, it needs to be uncomplicated, i.e. look like its possible to manufacture.

Basically a cabinet of some description,

The heated/temp controled drawers are a good feature
As is some sort of display if that's the sort of thing you think is wanted Also, as we all need a kit bag, then some where to stow this would be good
A work area for kit cleaning/maintainance
A drawer for tools/bits etc.
Some hanging space for playing gear
Drawers for gloves/beanies/etc.
Security

^^^ sounds like my spare room:)

Basically I envisage something like a Snapon roller cabinet with a cross between a gun cabinet and a wardrobe on top!

Rosie

Aug 30, 2002
Nottingham
onasilverbike said:
I'd be more worried about keeping my gear in a garage, cold, damp and not always that secure, all my bikes are locked to the floor with heavy chains as it is!
We've got a bungalow so it's part of the house; not really a garage, it's carpeted, warm & dry basically like a spare room; before it was warm & dry my kit was kept in my room :).

I'm thinking a wardrobe style with maybe a writing-desk-style drop down work area.
If the climate control is a little ambitious just put a thermometer on the outside & insulate the paint drawer a lot using polystyrene etc. -It only really needs to be room temperature.

newboy

Down but not out.
Feb 15, 2006
Hereford
Visit site
Skeet said:
So it looks like nobody will need

"a product that will store and display a persons equipment"

But...thats not a bad thing, if it is a Tech project..because you can then use your research to show, that such an item would not be popular, and hence would be a loss leader, should it go into production.
That will pad out your project nicley...then you can get onto the real deal..whatever that may be.

You could design a decent Gun Stand, like the Hayden Fraser ones, but folding, or something equally useful.

A "loss leader" is not a product that is "not polular" its the oposite.For example a grow bag in a garden centre shop is a loss leader.The store makes no profit on it (and sometimes loses money,lol)but that poplular product gets customers into the store ,so hopefully then they but other items that profit margins are higher on.:rolleyes:

Tom37

Better Than Tom36
newboy said:
A "loss leader" is not a product that is "not polular" its the oposite.For example a grow bag in a garden centre shop is a loss leader.The store makes no profit on it (and sometimes loses money,lol)but that poplular product gets customers into the store ,so hopefully then they but other items that profit margins are higher on.:rolleyes:
i smell gcse bussiness studies;)

Nibbler

Nibbler
Jul 6, 2006
Derbyshire
Tom37 said:
out of intrest, what did you have in mind? a glass fronted display cabinate or some kind of kit bag? a stand maby?:)
My idea is to produce a form of cabinet with glass panels that has slots that hold different types of equipment, the cabinet will have locks on it and there might be a pull out section that you can put your equipment on while cleaning it, it will also be covered with a base coat possibly a black colour with graffiti (graffiti art, not that crap you find on toilet walls) on it, or something like that. :)