Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

eye protection

ciaran.mooney

Ich bin ein Berliner!
Ok safety talk at the NPF

"Paintballs are designed to burst on a hard suface. If you wont wear your mask and a paintball hits you in the eye, it wont stop, it will mush your eyeball and probably mush your brains as well. And only bust when it hits the back of your skull. Hopefully not killing you, at the least not giving you brain damage, and hopefully only blinding you in one eye"

permboy

Aug 14, 2001
Birmingham
end to the safety talk at NPF:

"So if you take your goggles off the marshals will jump on you tackle you to the ground and generally try to smother you :)"

So please all lady ballers You know where to come. :)

Gurney

"The Real Apoc"
Oct 13, 2001
Royston, Herts.
there is an element of danger from the view of masks, but you dont need to worry, they should be able to take a direct blow to the lense for close distance without causing you any discomfort (apart from a clean pair of duds), obviously after this they would have to be replaced, but just giving worst senario. If you want advice on what to get, i would advise any of the spectra range from JT, ive got the Flex 7`s and the are sweeettttt!!!!!!! But the new proteus look the poodles noodles.

"Q""

Feb 8, 2002
Holywell Row U.K.
Visit site
Personally.......Flex 7 is the way to go...I.ve owned the same set since 98 (swapped lenses several times) but the F7 has never let me down!!!! If you take care of your mask...it will never let you down!!!!!!!!!!

John Molloy

Jedi Master
Jan 9, 2002
Manchester
ukjaguars.com
Lots of good advice from lots of people about the F7 but don't neglect the other brands. their are some nice systems and they all have to pass the same tests for safety the majority of lenses are what is called Lexan which is a type of polycarbonate and a few years ago I saw a pair of sunglasses that had been shot by a 38 calibre hand gun (not sure what range) and the bullet had not penetrated (gone through) just pushed about a centimeter in, the polycarb had morphed around it. So they are as safe as they can be made it's down to proper use in the end for ultimate safety never raise or remove gogles in any area not designated safe which is common sense.

QueenDawg

Feb 2, 2002
Atlanta
Visit site
seems like the safest place may be the field w/ goggles on. went by a local paintball store today for some advice and the manager had been hit in his right eye while in the store. he was talking with a customer when someone (from across the store) wasn't paying attention, the marker discharged and hit him square in the eye. now he's permently blind, even after several surgeries. i suppose this is why they invented barrel plugs.

John Molloy

Jedi Master
Jan 9, 2002
Manchester
ukjaguars.com
Unfortunately stupid B******s are every where:mad: Has he been blinded in both eye's by this moron? Loading a marker in a shop even when not gassed should never have to happen their is no reason to do this that I can think of. Sounds like gross negligence on the marker owners side. Bunged or otherwise this should not have happened.:mad: Even saying what I have he is extremely lucky, if the ball had penetrated the orbit into the brain he could have been seriously brain damaged or killed outright.
Idiots like that could get this sport banned and I know he didn't mean any harm. Who would do that deliberatly?