Favourite Rec-ball scenarios

JanSolo

I still suck
Jul 7, 2001
Leamington Spa
Visit site
Scud is the WORST field ever.

I hate that damn place.

I ALWAYS end up in that huge field of bracken behind where the computers are.

And I ALWAYS run into some sneaky-pete who thinks hiding in bracken is a great idea. Thats happened to me twice... whilst running toward the trucks, I notice some people coming toward us in the bracken and no-one moving to cover them... So clever old me jumps into the damn stuff to protect the team and I invariably get caught up in a game of 'Be silent + dont move' until the baddie i'm covering appears out of nowhere and eliminates me!

So anyway, Never play Scud. Or if you do, avoid the bracken at ALL costs.

The farmhouse is OK... I quite like it... Just remember to cover your back when going into the house.

We played a game once with all of one team in the house with a hostage, and the other team attacking to rescue the hostage... Its was a bit one-sided really... we whupped their ass!

Jan.

ciaran.mooney

Ich bin ein Berliner!
My logo is home made! Just a crappy thing that i wanted :)

They do have smoke machines on trenches now. But now its on par with my other favourite The Sup'air field they have! I like the ones that are fast and furious, cos they dont have any "positions" you all just rush forward in kamikaze mode :D

Dont like temple too much, to be honest ive only played it once and it was on the "Young Gunz" day, so they were all scared of getting shot, and it was the first one of the day. I was meant to be in defence but none of the offensive players went forward to i just went on a kamikaze run :D

I like farmhouse, like CS :)

I really really hate swamp! Not because of the map but because of the marshalls - we had to defend a hostage, and all the cover we had was ... well ... none! We couldnt leave the bank to go for cover, cos they marshalls stopped us, and all we could do was lie there and hope not to get shot!

Scuds good, those little fern "shoots" give great hiding for when you crawl :)

-Pikachu-

xlii
Jul 17, 2001
was it a D.I.Y job?
lol

Hi Jan :waves: Doubt you remember me but I was there when you got shot on your hand/fingers on Scud - In the fern....

You weren't a happy bunny at all ;) After that bloke shot a couple more shots into you as you were leaving

I agree, Sup'Air ball is prb my favourite at the NPF - great for 1 on 1's or 3 on 3's for that matter :)

JanSolo

I still suck
Jul 7, 2001
Leamington Spa
Visit site
Hmmm.. Thats odd...

Pikachu:

I remember that game, but I dont recall seeing any small, yellow furry pokemon sitting around in scud!! <grin>

I went down to NPF last weekend actually, had some great games on Beaches and Trenches... They were only spoiled by some crap games on Villages and Temple.

On temple, I did a mad run from the Left base to the pyramid. I took up my position in front of the door, only to see the opposition already in there!... Hmmm odd, they started the same time as me, and I ran REALLY fast to get there. Nevermind... I eliminated the guy with the Idol and his mate on the other side of the pyramid and then looked round to see where the rest of my team had gotten to... Nowhere to be seen. It was only me and my brother all the way forward with the rest of my team, miles behind; scared to come out of the bushes. ****. After a few minutes of calling for them to come forward , (they didnt listen; just sat in the bushes, waiting.) the enemies cottoned on to the fact that we were alone and mugged us from the right side. Bah.

Villages was even worse. Me and Jon ran from the near base to the close tower... a run of maybe 5-10 seconds off the break. I slid into the bunker just forward of it and prepared to look for enemies... paf, paf, paf. I was shot out on the leg within 15 seconds of the start by a guy DEEP in the bushes who was at least 30 seconds HARD running from his own base.

That is called cheating and it pisses me off.

Watching my team from the sidelines, I noticed that yet again they'd all decided to sitout the whole game in some bushes waiting for something to happen. Not my idea of fun, but nevermind.

Enough ranting; I had some great games on SupAir, Trenches and Beaches to balance out the few bad ones.

Jan.

-Pikachu-

xlii
Jul 17, 2001
Mooney, zippit :p

Best days for you and your bro to go on would be the own gunners/walk-on days at the NPF - as you have about the same level of skill and nearly everyone is playing with a gun that's not a site gun

Speaking of temple, I got blatted 3 times in the head on Saturday while I was in the corner behind the sarcophgus, being a good marshal and staying out of anyones way. But they wanted to shoot someone so bad... - now resulted in a hauge lump :mad: