Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

First PA sour point

Ronniepimpstar

Factory Paintball
Dec 7, 2003
Factorypaintball.co.uk
What happened to the ref's today?? On one field there were only four ref's to marshall fourteen players?? I know the English game is based on honesty and fair play, but imagine what people could of got up to??

Seriously though, the Ref's were doing an outstanding job, but they are only human with one pair of eyes,and the players were asking for checks and the marshalls just couldn't be everywhere and people were getting really upset, can we have more ref's please??

On a bonus point, Morning/ Afternoon sessions worked a treat with everyone playing hardcore ball, game after game!! No silly waitnig around, Loved it...Well done!!:)

The Just SoManc Machine is slowly getting back into gear now so beware....It is coming!!!

Peace:cool:

evil sharks matt

JUST DO IT _/
Jan 6, 2003
X
we found all the fields pretty good today, bar 1. very very very dodgy calls.
Well done to inferno...again, you know you was lucky;)

Pinchaaay

Jan 29, 2003
Yo' momas crease
www.alfa145.com
Here, here!

Cold, wet, windy, muddy. Typical hardcore British paintball at it's best:D

With all that ****e to contend with, you still couldn't say it was a bad event AT ALL!

Well done to 'everyone' involved. Massive props to Russ "Rulebook" for keeping the **** together the best you could with limited judges, you is the man!!

Peace out

"Pinchaaay!"

jahlad

Emortal
Feb 11, 2002
Planet, 0161
cheers boys.....russ was looking a little worried a 7am when there were only about 4 marshalls around!!!!!

glad we did a good job with the limited numbers we had......no complaints on my field (2) and i enjoyed the day.....even if i am completly knackered still, and ive got bright orange hands!!!!
big thanks to the delta guys for letting me marshall with them....i think i did ok, great bunch of guys.

well done to all the teams, and thanks for not giving us to much grief!!!

one point to note thou, is the swearing, its gotta stop boys....next time out there wont be as many warnings given out.

stongle

Crazy Elk. Mooooooooooo
Aug 23, 2002
The Wynn
Visit site
Faced with a shortage of marshals, I'd say they did a very good job (in some instances superb). There had a strong understanding of the rules of play, and from what I witnessed intended on putting them into force......rigorously. There were a few incidents involving player mistakes or even aggressive play, which I think the marshals used a lot of sense in their interpretation of the rules / judgement.

2 constructive points that maybe could be taken on to improve the day for players and judges alike:

1. Identification of the dead zones. Can the Marshals please indicate where they are to all players before game on. A couple of issues spring to mind. First players didn't know where there own dead box was, so milled about the field a bit, this resulted in attracting additional fire for being on field with a marker in hand. Get eliminated, get out of your bunker and straight to the dead box, there is a wide range of abilities at the PA, and in general if it's on field it's going to get shot at. Secondly, hosing the dead box, in one game we hosed the oppositions dead box, due to them holding markers in it, and it not being clearly identified (if all you can see is a partially obscured player with a marker, it's going to be a bullet magnet). Very isolated event, but maybe worth some consideration to stop it happening again. To be fair the weather may have been at fault as the sheeting acted as sail on the Dead box gates, so they were being moved about; but 5 secs to say dead box here and here maybe worth the pre game amble.

2. Customer service skills (all staff). All the players and teams there are consumers, and whilst we appreciate that the staff are busy, we are "paying" customers and should be treated as such. It's a difficult line to tread, trying to enforce the rules and organisation when you have people playing a sport, but they are paying to do so. Please, thank you and big happy faces go a long way towards the overall ambience (even if you do think the players are a bunch of t******). Of course it's a very difficult job with a several hundred alpha male and female types milling about, but believe me, you'd be surprised how far this can go.

P

Phil

I was on a team who played in the morning and one of our players didnt turn up and did not even tell us and he was bringing 3 refs with him so I guess we can not blame the PA for that.

yeah all fields were great bar 4, i was calling 2 marshals for a paint check for ages then when one finally came over he had the nerve to say "next time call for a paintcheck player don't just stand there!" ... i mean thats not a massive point cos as i was waving and shouting at the marshal i was still drawing paint lol but on the whole it was a great day

Burb

#1 Soi Cowboy.
Nov 27, 2001
Middleweight
Originally posted by ices
IN YOUR FACE SOMANC..AHAHAHAHAAA.

They're gettin their asses in gear?
Dude they buggered off and left JJ to collect the trophy...wow nice team spirit there.

Yeah it was cold and windy but it wasn't bad enough to just go.

All bar two, the Inferno guys had to travel 2.5hrs + to get home, so whats Somancs excuse for leaving?

Bunch of players shoved together, coupled with hype and what have you got?

bring that hate..
Glen was incredibly ill mate, he was driving.

:(