Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Good field in the North East (UK)?

loply

Feb 5, 2003
Newcastle (UK)
Visit site
Just out of curiosity, how much does it cost to set up a field from scratch? I worked it out at about £50k all in all, bout £10k for markers and £8k for other stuff, the remaining for land. No?

Not that I plan to try, Im full time with my existing comany.

loply

Feb 5, 2003
Newcastle (UK)
Visit site
About 50 markers + tanks at £150 each plus spare parts, comes to about £10k.

About £1k to build a webserver (way better than renting), £1k for setting up various accounts + telephone etc, £6k for building (tree management, bunkers, netting etc), £2k or so working capital, and I reckon £25k-£30k or so for a suitable piece of land?

Like I say, just curious, dont plan to set one up.

Graham-DV8

Girlz,Booze & Balling....
Nov 12, 2002
North East, UK
groups.msn.com
Dude u missed insurance which cost a bomb so I've heard. But I think its based on your income and how many people are using your site and past safty record of the site.

Also Phil,

I've marshalled at your site a few times (live in Eaglescliffe near Teesside Airport), and I think you have a pritty good setup, and a while back I remeber you saying you were thinking of making another safe area on the other side of the site, and making a wooden crossing so u could get over the stream.

Anyways there all good sites and you should try all 3 of them out to see which one gives the better service aswell as price, cos whats the point of having a cheap day at a bad site, or having a realy expensive day at a really good site, also its best to go to different sites cos them to arn't a step ahead becuse u would know the fields like the back of your hand if u went to the same side every time.

Graham-DV8

Girlz,Booze & Balling....
Nov 12, 2002
North East, UK
groups.msn.com
Ohh and land is very cheap at the moment so I would say 10k MAX and that would be with a huge field and u might need more markers that 50 mate for if u ever had a few partys of ppl on the same day.

loply

Feb 5, 2003
Newcastle (UK)
Visit site
How much does insurance for a paintball field cost, if you had insruance for say 50 people playing on weekends? Are we talking like, £16k/year? I estimate annual overheads of like £76,200 including loan repayments of £50k over 24 months...

Running your own paintball field is every players pet fantasy, Im so jealous of you guys who get to do it :D

I think were going to play at Pointblank, since we can find it fairly easy we reckon... Then try Impact Paintball next time we play...

phil killer clowns

Jul 8, 2001
Visit site
hi iain you cant blame a man for trying:D :D loppy its not just the money to set up the blood sweat and tears cost more but if you want to make me an offer on my site iam always open to big wads of cash;) ;)

loply

Feb 5, 2003
Newcastle (UK)
Visit site
Spending all day with a shovel, an oily smelling generator, table saw and a ****load of timber is 80% of what makes me wish I was setting up a field :D

I love that kind of stuff. My current business is all thinking and phone calls :rolleyes:

loply

Feb 5, 2003
Newcastle (UK)
Visit site
Ive been trying to find out how much 20 acres of land (800m x 500m) costs... All I can find is farm land with houses n **** though... But I found some plots of land like 80m x 40m for £6k and stuff... I think it was all poncey scenic land though not a big ass rotting forest like you want for PB...

I think it would be more like £20k though, no?

My driving instructor took me past a farm with a field on its ass, we tried to find a farmer to ask how much to rent the field lol - and he gave me the lesson for free (he keeps doing that, we go on an adventure, and i get it for nowt!)