Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Have you got problems like me?

Raffles

Going....going....not quite dead yet...
Jun 21, 2004
oldham - lancs
The interview/interviewer is irrelevant. The point is that all except the white working class male have 'rights'. How equal is that? That doesn't stop discrimination - it breeds it! This is why more and more are turning towards far right groups like the BNP.

Kat

I'm a love Albatross.
Aug 18, 2006
Carlisle/ Leeds
The interview/interviewer is irrelevant. The point is that all except the white working class male have 'rights'. How equal is that? That doesn't stop discrimination - it breeds it! This is why more and more are turning towards far right groups like the BNP.
It also doesn't stop interviewers actually being racist/homophobic/sexist.

Interviewers could just as easily be biased in favour of white working class males.

Interview to work on a building site (just an example, no offence intended)

-Woman
-Male working class
-Male (blatent homosexual)

I wonder who they'd hire? Imagine everyone is as qualified...and no bull about strength, imagine a tank of a woman :p

I'm not trying to be argumentative or anything (although it does seem to happen a lot :p) just saying it sort of works both ways.

Katxx

Raffles

Jun 21, 2004
oldham - lancs
It does work both ways - I agree. Again, that's not the point - the point is that if the 'tank' doesn't get it (for whatever reason) she can call it 'sexist'. Likewise, if the 'blatant' doesn't get it - homophobic. If the working class male doesn't - it's off to the pub - with no recourse. That's the point.

Devrij

Sex-terrorist
Dec 3, 2007
Bristol
If the working class white dude doesn't get it, it's probably because he didn't deserve it. Just because you feel like you can't complain, doesn't mean you need to. I'm sure if there was active discrimination against whites, we'd kick up enough of a fuss to get our "rights" as well. It seems like your objection is with what you perceive to be people abusing said rights when things don't go their way. I'm sure that happens, but the system is in place to protect those who need it, at the cost of abuse. In the same way that due process criminal justice systems ensure the acquittal of the innocent, even at the risk of the acquittal of many of the guilty.

Kat

I'm a love Albatross.
Aug 18, 2006
Carlisle/ Leeds
It does work both ways - I agree. Again, that's not the point - the point is that if the 'tank' doesn't get it (for whatever reason) she can call it 'sexist'. Likewise, if the 'blatant' doesn't get it - homophobic. If the working class male doesn't - it's off to the pub - with no recourse. That's the point.
What if the interviewers a woman?

"Man hating, lesbian, femminist....etc"

Or black? Could claim sexism then?

Raffles

Jun 21, 2004
oldham - lancs
...I'm sure if there was active discrimination against whites, we'd kick up enough of a fuss...
That's just it - there is - and no-one does (and if they do they are called fascists)!

According to you, punish everyone - you're bound to get the guilty one then (are you a teacher?).

...the system is in place to protect those who need it...
So, I don't need it? Am I not entitled to it? According to your post - the answer is no on both counts. Very fair and equal :rolleyes:.

Kat - Every heard of a man making a successful claim for 'sex discrimination'? Thought not. Ever heard a man turn around and say 'is it because I am white?'? Ditto. Don't get me wrong - your points are valid - but, unfortunately, it just doesn't work like that. I wish it did.

Kat

I'm a love Albatross.
Aug 18, 2006
Carlisle/ Leeds
Kat - Every heard of a man making a successful claim for 'sex discrimination'? Thought not. Ever heard a man turn around and say 'is it because I am white?'? Ditto. Don't get me wrong - your points are valid - but, unfortunately, it just doesn't work like that. I wish it did.
My point isn't there to say that's how it works.

I'm just saying there are two sides to the story.

Maybe people appeal because it's true. Maybe men don't appeal because they can't be bothered or they don't think they'll win, or they don't care.

Maybe white males really are the least discriminated social group.

I don't know, I don't really think anyone knows fully, but I do feel a bit like you're placing some sort of blame on women for this.

Raffles

Jun 21, 2004
oldham - lancs
Woah! Not at all. I lay the blame clearly at the steps of No. 10 Downing Street (and associates). I don't blame anyone for using the system - that's what it's there for. It's just that the system itself is flawed and discriminates mainly against white working class males.

I certainly don't blame immigrants either. What would you do in their position? If someone offers to take you in and give you somewhere to live - and give you spending money as well as paying most of your living expenses - you'd take them up on it (I would).

The problem is that the system allows this to happen at the expense of others. The system is flawed. This is one of the main reasons there's a massive exodus of UK citizens to places like Spain, France, Australia, New Zealand etc. I could give you a very personal example regarding my parents and the health care (or lack of) my father got in the UK (they now live in France) - but I won't bore you with the details.

So, in my eyes, the UK is broken. How the hell do you fix it?

Dave284

Platinum Member
Jan 4, 2008
No, YOU missed the point my friend, MOWO is a terrible idea BECAUSE of the content. It could never reach the outcry stage, and I doubt black people would even notice it was on. TV Networks have to make money too, and airing the MOWO awards would not be the way to do it.

i've purposely stayed away from this thread up until now because of its increasingly ''PC'' orientated comments. but this one really really annoyed me. i could accept your first one as a joke, but when you continue to defend that black people are the only ones who make decent music is when i lost alot of respect for you. its narrow minded and extremely annoying. imo you need to get off your high horse. I usually find your posts extremely amusing, but in this thread i have seen more and more of an arrogant person.

f**k it.

Raffles

Jun 21, 2004
oldham - lancs
Dave,

I think you should take Missy's posts with a pinch of salt - as I believe they are done in order to spice up the forum - rather than reflect her own personal views. I sometimes do the same thing.

However, this is one topic I do feel passionately about - perhaps too passionately for an internet forum - and a paintball one at that.

If I've caused offence to anyone - I apologise. I'll try and keep away from this thread from now on - as it's getting a little too close to the core - and I can feel the presence of Robbo's ban finger hovering.