Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Hello all, nice to meet you all :)

Soul Doubt

Bhood!
Jul 7, 2009
South Wales
Hey guys and gals!
My names Dan, most people call me DC or abusive names haha!
I thought id open up a thread to say hello to Britain’s paintballing community as this is obviously the virtual representation of it :cool:
Ive been paintballing for about 2 months I think, and got most of my gear from this very site (which is the bees knees), ive been trawling through the forums holy scriptures and mainly laughing at Gassy’s comments :D (Poetically funny) the reason I’m opening up this thread is twofold, firstly to say hello and make friends, and secondly to find out how people got into paintball, and where they are today in this glorious sport!
Everyone of you, started where I am and it be nice to hear how everyone else began the road to having plenty of bruises and no money lol
Tears and nostalgic feelings welcome,
If nobody can be bothered to reply I won’t take offence, simply curl up in a ball and hide away in a dark room :rolleyes:

Cheers family
DC

Soul Doubt

Bhood!
Jul 7, 2009
South Wales
thanks!

thanks very much :) and thanks for replying! it means alot to me, how did you get into the sport?

Also a note to others please add your stories dont worry im not a shrink :p i wont analyse your life haha

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Good evening - the most important thing in paintball is to enjoy it and as such, this site is a portal to all you will ever need.
All the advice or information you will want is on hand here, just ask .....

I'm not sure from your post which way you wish to go in paintball, it may be playing in the woods and just having a laugh with your pals or you may be aiming higher in that you wish to play on a team and enjoy a higher adrenaline form of paintball ..... either way, you can find out everything on this site.

To try to answer your question ... I started long ago when marker guarantees were written on papyrus and so am rightly classified as an old timer ....there are plenty of us on here but to make sure we don't take over the site, we also have thousands of youngsters, the lifeblood and salvation of our sport ....... god help us :)

The Evans 11

Aug 15, 2007
Exmouth, Devon
You couldn't have chosen a better sport to take up :)

I started out 2/3 years ago...Not sure how but I found out my friend had a paintball team running, so I asked to be a part of it and I took off from there.

Ever since I've been progressing forward in the sport, learning new techniques and improving my game all the time. And the great thing is that whilst you do this, you get to meet a great bunch of people from all over the nation, who are always on hand to help you wherever needed.

thejackle

West Coast Spartons
Apr 7, 2009
lancashire darwen
Hey,

that must be the best Hi ive seen, and I will have have to agree with you on how good this forum is ! (At emptying my bank acount):eek:
I only started about 4 month ago my self, so I'm still fairly new but its been a masive learnning curve. From buying markers to our teams first tourny including leting one off in my barel sock on the way to our first game !:rolleyes: :D(no pun intended)

Its got to be said tho from day one, weve had help of compleate strangers evrywere weve been, and hopfully we'll be able to do the same in the future, just as soon as we have a clue our selves:p We did well in our last outing and came 6th out of 9 teams so think were on the right track?

now just off to see about an ego :D

Happy ballin!

Tramples

No Limit token fat person
Jun 28, 2009
Swindon
One upmanship is what got me started. My brother got an inferno (old paintball marker still stable at sites all around the country) so I wanted one. Started going to the local site at Culla Park near Llanelli and wanted a bit more of a challenge and more cost effective way of shooting folks. Started own team, year on team disbanded, joined Bridgend, played till money got too tight, retired for a while, back playing again now.:D

By the way greetings.

Soul Doubt

Bhood!
Jul 7, 2009
South Wales
Wow

wow! lots of info to take in, thanks for the reply guys, thats one thing which sets the sport leaps and bounds compared to others is the sense of community!

im gunna try and reply on this on reply as not to clutter the threadso here goes!

Robbo, your only as young as you feel, plus i bet you can run rings around the younger "hot heads" haha to answer your question im looking forward to getting that rush from tournements, but i would be just as happy to play in the woods, as its all a good laugh and has its own sense of adrenaline! thanks for your welcome, its made this site even better knowing people :) thanks for the reply

The Evans 11, was the sport much different 2/3 years ago? and what team to you play for is it still your friends team? one day id like to either play for or create my own team, but im fairly level headed and understand that will take a long time, with alot of practice! haha thanks for the reply man! :)

thejackle, your getting an ego!? nice :D your a lucky man, how did you blow your load on the way to your tourney? haha whats your team called? i will route for them when i see them :) haha i guess your as poor as me then! haha the forum seems to have that effect :p thanks for the reply fella! :)

Tramples, your from wales! me too we have things in common it seems! what was your team called? when did you last play and where? was it in wales? cheers for the reply :)

thanks guys! and sorry for all the questions! but im as eager as a beaver!

cheers
DC

The Evans 11

Aug 15, 2007
Exmouth, Devon
Well their is a vast improvement on the markers being manufactured year by year, and I find that the pace of the game is always increasing.

And yes I do still play with my mates, the exact same team from day 1, we have our own little game plan which hopefully will take us to much bigger and better places :)