Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

HELP! I have cross threaded my two barrels together and they won't come undone, what to do???

Shootflydie

May 28, 2013
Anybody know how to fix a cross threaded barrel, bought my son a paintball gun for his 13th am just checking it works before I wrap it up and I've screwed barrel wrong way, need some theories ASAP its his birthday tomorrow! I already tried lubeing the barrel it just made it even harder to get a grip!! Help!

Last edited:

Garideon

Sep 24, 2011
wear rubber gloves? rubber strap wrenches? soak the barrel in warm water

also what barrel is it? i think some 2 piece barrels have opposite threads

Last edited:
Reactions: Evil Rich

Evil Rich

Platinum Member Lifetime PMGWC #101
May 22, 2008
Northumberland

Definitely rubber gloves and a little hot water to expand the outer part of the barrel, if it's a Planet Shaft barrel then the 2 piece barrel is reverse threaded, so twist the other way, if not you're 'screwed!' Boom boom ;)

Last edited:

Garideon

Sep 24, 2011
Definitely rubber gloves and a little hot water to expand the outer part of the barrel, if it's a Planet Shaft barrel then the 2 piece barrel is reverse threaded, so twist the other way, if not you're 'screwed!' Boom boom ;)
haha yeah thats what i thought. i got a shaft barrel of renie before and got confused when trying to put them together

Shootflydie

May 28, 2013
Cheers just driving to b&q for some rubber gloves now! Be home in 5 minutes hopefully this works!!

Shootflydie

May 28, 2013

Oh and I believe it's a GOG Paintball Barrel Freak Back Spyder Thread

Evil Rich

Platinum Member Lifetime PMGWC #101
May 22, 2008
Northumberland
Also you could try to stick it in the freezer to contract the metal, then slowly pour boiling water on the 'female' back section at the joint before unscrewing, it'll be a standard 'lefty loosey', righty tighty'

Reactions: Garideon

Shootflydie

May 28, 2013
Didn't read those comments damn, am home now with my gloves an have broke a swear trying to undo the barrels, I have actually forgotten which way I twisted the barrel so am having to try both ways but neither work, one is black one is silver any ideas?