Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Holmbush Woodsball 5 Man Tournament

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
I had fun, cheers guys; I also think the refs were excellent and hard working, well done guys.
It was also good to see some really old faces, faces that I hadn't seen for well over 10 years.
Some Ex Preds, Bad Company, Eagles, Split P's and so on .. it was like going back in time with Dr Who going to Holmbush yesterday.

I wanna say thanks to Beaks, Jay (Buddha), Paul and Glen for putting up with me all day.

The weather may have been crap but it seemed as though everybody was playing with a smile on their faces which was pretty cool to see.

Who Dares Win

Mines A Pint!
Dec 22, 2005
Royston Vasey
www.team-venom.co.uk
I just want to say on behalf of all the Marshalls, thank you to everyone of you who made the day what it was, we had no arguments, people respected the judgements made, and everyone was polite and courteous making our jobs a hell of a lot easier, and I also want to say a thank you to you guys who have acknowledged us on here, and to say such great things - so a great big thank you to you lot!! Just to put things into perspective of who I am (it's always good to put a name with a face) I was the Ultimate on field 'C' in the morning and then field 'G' in the afternoon, I was also on car park duty in the morning.

Thank you all again!!!:):):):)

BOX

Oct 3, 2003
Kent
www.babyteeth.freeserve.co.uk
Yes a big thanks to all from team Blow.
I have every sympathy with the marshals, they pretty much didn’t get a break all day what with the turn around being so quick and playing two leagues. Hats off to you guys.
Yes the late start was a little irritating, the paint wasn’t the best grade and it was a little cold and wet but let us remember that this was put together and run by a relative small team with no sponsor money and it was a fun day not a Pro tourney.
I have had a bit of a whine about one game on another forum but I’m not going to repeat it here as my toys are back in the pram now.

Pete, good to see you playing again, my finger is now black where you bounced one of me. And yes it was so good to see faces from 10yrs ago. Thanks Split P’s for two really good games… I can’t believe you guys are still playing!!

I look forward to the next one.. but please.. in the summer this time :D

Box

Shadlad

Platinum Member - Lifetime
Aug 16, 2006
Newcastle
I just woke up from a drive back to Newcastle that was a drive from hell ! Snow blizzards and 6 car crashes and bd cramp all the way. Good day had by all of us from Newcastle and thanks.

Only little gripe is how the hell did the scoring work lol ?

After packing our kit up we were told we had a play of for 1st and 2nd place. Because it was so dark and raining we agreed with winners of group one they should win as got more points than us. Seemed pointless playing in conditions not fit for ball. So overall points on both divisions left us second. How did we not even get a placing ? Just an odd one for us ? Thanks in advance for who ever explains .

Also Hawks you guys were great very friendly and made us all feel welcome, good couple of games with you and made the day great.

Cheers

Shadlad

Aug 16, 2006
Newcastle
Also guys we do have a 5 man woodland event in Newcastle called the Ionman woodland series. Can play as a one off event or as a 12 month seies with 6 wood and 6 air events through 2008.

See the tourny section for more details.

Thanks again guys good day !

Dr3d

www.team-sexlife.co.uk
Oct 20, 2006
nr Holmbush
www.team-venom.co.uk
I just woke up from a drive back to Newcastle that was a drive from hell ! Snow blizzards and 6 car crashes and bd cramp all the way. Good day had by all of us from Newcastle and thanks.

Only little gripe is how the hell did the scoring work lol ?

After packing our kit up we were told we had a play of for 1st and 2nd place. Because it was so dark and raining we agreed with winners of group one they should win as got more points than us. Seemed pointless playing in conditions not fit for ball. So overall points on both divisions left us second. How did we not even get a placing ? Just an odd one for us ? Thanks in advance for who ever explains .

Also Hawks you guys were great very friendly and made us all feel welcome, good couple of games with you and made the day great.

Cheers
Hi bro and again thanks for coming all that way down, we will for sure be coming up to you for the next bash :) Scoring :eek: we wanted the top 2 teams from each division to play off for 1st 2nd 3rd and 4th with so many teams telling us to let the next team down the line play off we got to a stage where I believe the 4th place team was fighting on the play off, I think this was mainly due to the fact teams were packing away the weather was Poo and the light was well non exsistant so to be completely honest it went to the last 3 teams playing the fight off for placings, I felt at this time it was a truly fair way to finish a really wicked days balling... I am personaly very sorry if anyone felt this was unfair but time was a major factor due to not seeing my hand in front of my face. Yes I am personally NEVER :) doing this again in winter :) .

There is one final remark I have to make!! After all the events I have attended this year paintball had lost its appeal due to all sorts of rage and flaming within forums I dont want to mention... I sat here last night waiting for it all to happen on me with regard to this event AND IT DID'NT. What a breath of fresh air. I woke up today with all the positive remarks about marshals ETC and that made it all worth while. I took the money you lads all kindly donated down to St Cathrines "MacMillan Nurses" for cancer care. I lost my Mum 15 weeks back to Cancer and the Nurses there are brilliant even down to letting my Dad take the dog into sit on Her bed and keep her company. I know for sure we will receive a letter of thanks for this and will post a copy for all to see..... AGAIN THANKYOU EVERYONE for making this happen kind Regards Dred :)

Howardfb

A Bad Day at The Office
May 21, 2007
Hitchin
Great days play

First class organisation for what was a very ambitious game format. It worked!!! There was very little time to sit around and that suited me. Marshals were without exception friendly and more important good at the job in hand, had one incident where a mistake was made and it was resolved with a hand shake and the appropriate adjustments to the score. Play was good natured and fair.

Good job lads will attend the next such format in warmer weather.

Cheers.

Shadlad

Aug 16, 2006
Newcastle
Was a great day mate and just a shame winter set in and dark nights for the play offs.

Good day all around, worth the journey down !