Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

how to use reballs in training?

Tommeh

Reading Enity
Mar 20, 2005
Nr Bath
www.freewebs.com
Just thinking about using reballs in the local sports centre hall just thinking of what i could use for bunkers in there, cant really afford an air field just wondering what people that train with them do.

Cheers Tom

Bob

www.inlinewalking.com
Oct 12, 2005
Aberdeen
www.fatbobspaintball.co.uk
Just thinking about using reballs in the local sports centre hall just thinking of what i could use for bunkers in there, cant really afford an air field just wondering what people that train with them do.

Cheers Tom
We have a 10 piece sup air field and used gym mats to help bulk it out

http://www.abdn.ac.uk/~src350/photos/full/reballing_161106/21.JPG

http://www.abdn.ac.uk/~src350/photos/full/reballing_161106/10.JPG

Its best to use it just for specific drills, combos & 1v1 or 2v2 games unless you have a proper field (and more than 4000 reballs).

Mario

Pigeon amongst the cats
Sep 25, 2002
Location, Location.
Cardboard boxes, filled with crumpled newspaper?

Without actual bunkers there's very little you can use. The reason being your not actually training your body in the correct movements without bunkers.

TonyF

Swarm
Sep 22, 2002
Essex
www.swarmpaintball.co.uk

Cheers Tom
We use bunkers, You won't need a full field, just a couple of cokes and bricks will get you up and running. If it's small run at 180fps and adjust your dwell to conserve air. That way a couple of dive tanks will last a long while.

Turgay

Oct 20, 2006
we have a regular size of paintball but we have worries about damaging reballs because for now it's impossible to use netting. But i see that you guys also don't use..
so all reballs are ok? or some of them damaged?

johnmassive

Spitfire Factory
Sep 5, 2004
Ion Noob

Cheers Tom
Please PM me how this goes on. Wev'e recieved feeback that our local centre won't be able to facilitate us so are now looking into Scout groups. I would just like to know the approach you have taken.

Cheers.

TonyF

Swarm
Sep 22, 2002
Essex
www.swarmpaintball.co.uk
we have a regular size of paintball but we have worries about damaging reballs because for now it's impossible to use netting. But i see that you guys also don't use..
so all reballs are ok? or some of them damaged?
We run at 180fps without netting. The walls are textured blocks and the reballs have not been damaged in eight months. On average they are wash about eight times per session.The "genuine" reballs are excellent and very durable.

If you want to use a local sports hall, you would be advised to create a risk assesment first. Local authorities are very keen on paperwork :)

Marcus Geezer

Platinum Member
Risk Assessment

I've never seen a risk assessment for pball, but do them all the time for work, and not namby pamby ones like sitting at your computer desk, but stuff like installation and testing of 11,000 volt switchgear on construction sites and such forth, in line with HSE guidelines.

I'm intrigued regarding a pball risk assessment for this kind of activity. If anyone has one I would really like to see it, and if not too forward I would offer any suggestions for improvement, just to help the greater good of paintball like.

bmw

Feb 17, 2005
northumberland
Visit site
I've never seen a risk assessment for pball, but do them all the time for work, and not namby pamby ones like sitting at your computer desk, but stuff like installation and testing of 11,000 volt switchgear on construction sites and such forth, in line with HSE guidelines.

I'm intrigued regarding a pball risk assessment for this kind of activity. If anyone has one I would really like to see it, and if not too forward I would offer any suggestions for improvement, just to help the greater good of paintball like.
site owners...do risk assessments

Shadlad

Platinum Member - Lifetime
Aug 16, 2006
Newcastle
As a site owner who does risk assesments I can see the use of rec balls as an issue. I can see the benifits in a sports hall for pratice for sharp shooting etc.I can imagine there being a big issue if you started firing them at each other thought. I for one would not allow anyone on site to use rec balls if they were shooting at each other. This goes even if the guns were running at 180 fps if they were using as a way of saving money on sharp shooting and speeding up trigger fingers etc then no problem at all.