The Home Of European Paintball

Importing a Full Auto capable marker

Mark

UK Cougars
Jul 9, 2001
England
www.ukcougars.co.uk
Originally posted by Rabies
That's OK, I was just replying to spyderflashlcd23's question without any other implication in it, but I can understand how it could have been taken as you read it.

Out of interest, do angels have full auto/burst modes? Because if they do then surely WDP is putting itself in a precarious legal position.
Yes they do have all kinds of extra modes (26 modes of fire) but until the software is unlocked it lurks hidden away and unable to be gotten at so that allows them to sell the marker as it is, effectively if you unlock the board you are applying a key which in turn reprogrammes the chip to allow the extras to be used so then you have a marker capable of all kinds of illegal (in this country) things but as it is a software thing it is fine to be sold as is, unlike the other markers that simply need a blob of solder to open them up (bushmaster/some spyder frames etc) or even just a flick of the switch (shocker/hyper sportz frame)

northern monkey

token northerner
Aug 13, 2002
The Mighty 'Ford!
Visit site
Does that mean if i bought a marker (E-99 for example) in the states, removed the multi-fire switch, loctited up the holes on the circuit board, I could still, technically, be bringing an illegal marker into the country??

I mean if customs/police got a bit fussy they could argue that it wouldn't take to much effort to re-connect the multi-fire switch?!?

crom-dubh

WHATEVER...
Sep 9, 2001
watford
Visit site
A tourney lock is not enough. Normally the modification has to be permanent. So once its semi you shouldnt be able to change it back to full auto without going through a lot of hassle.
The thing is to remember that its not the firing in full auto mode, its the ability to fire in full auto mode which is illegal.

spyderflashlcd23

Watch out your gunna get
Oct 14, 2002
High Wycombe, Bucks
Visit site
crom-dubh

So you wont be able to use a marker on a feild with just a tourne lock, if not that is a pain in the ass cause i love ussing auto when in America it is so fun (i know that not many peole like it here in England cause it is some how related into some sort of harsh catagory, it wouldnt makea difference if some one fired a paintball in semi or auto on paintball feild.) I have the storm frame on my marker and if anyone could tell me (if possible) how to take off xtra modes then get them back (for when i go to America);) ;) ;)

Rabies

Trogdor!
Jul 1, 2002
London, UK
Firstly, not many fields in the US allow full auto, even though it isn't illegal, for insurance reasons.

Secondly, enabling the tournament lock (by removing the grip and flipping the dip switch; since I don't have a storm I can't be more specific) is probably good enough for most field owners, although not adequate for UK law. In fact, a frame sufficiently crippled to meet UK requirements should be difficult enough to return to full functionality that it's not worth considering.

So you either have to permanently disable full auto (by setting the tournament lock then aralditing the switch in place, for instance), or risk getting arrested for having a full-auto capable firearm, even if it is temporarily disabled. Your call.

And I don't think people specifically don't like full auto here, except that (a) people see it as a pointless frill, and (b) a lot of people are very conscious of the image of paintball in the eyes of the law, and are anxious to avoid an image-damaging criminal charge cropping up.

spyderflashlcd23

Watch out your gunna get
Oct 14, 2002
High Wycombe, Bucks
Visit site
I understand that people dont want to damage paintball reputation (i have no intention to do so by owning a full auto, besides how many pigs are going to be able to tell the difference in a paintball guns), and when are they going to get so suspisous that they raid my house for a paintball marker.:D

plus- i think the image of paintball being allowed to go auto would change a lot of peoples veiws towards it (although people will still object) its is like when turbo wasnt allowed people were furous over here to show that peolpe would like to have auto

northern monkey

token northerner
Aug 13, 2002
The Mighty 'Ford!
Visit site
I think the main problem is when you put the words, automatic and firearm in the same sentence!! It tends to get the law makers a bit flustered. But those are the rules and thats what we have to live by.

At the tournament level I don't think full auto would make much of a difference, I mean look at the E-blade its faster than a lot/most full autos!!!