Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Inter-Uni Tournament :):)

unowho

Aug 1, 2003
bristol, england
Visit site
glad to see i've kicked off some decent discussion:D and an inter uni tourney is looking rather more likely which is always good.

warwick has a Paintball society, that organises recball days every now and then, but no proper team. i'v been speaking to the president (i think) of the soc, and he's interested in startin a team and taking part in any tournies that are organised... but although theres lots of interest for recballing the idea of a team has yet to be proposed to the masses.

we're trying to get the union to give a bit of support, but its probably not that likely:( hopefully tho we can make the team a regular thing and not just leave it as a one off thing, and then we mite be able to get some support...

i havent got my kit with me yet as there are all sorts of rules about having air guns etc on campus, but hopefully once i've sorted that and had it all brought up, i can get out and doa bit of trainin with som of the local teams...will be in contact mark at some point in the future, although i dont have transport so gettin anywhere too in accesable could be difficult,

i'll try to get the pres. of the pball soc on here to discuss things, or get in contac with you steve..

cheers guys for all the interest/help

keith

Steve Hancock

Free man!
Aug 7, 2003
Birmingham (UK)
students.bugs.bham.ac.uk
I've been having a look on the web and texting round all the club chairman/presidents that i know, to find out what clubs there are.

So far the clubs that i know are active are:

Birmingham
UEA
Coventry
Warwick
Southampton
Keele
Teesside
Portsmouth
Imperial College
Surrey although their chairman is running the club remotely while on placement until they can find a successor

There are a few other clubs that I've not heard from or seen anything of recently, including Liverpool and Brunnel. If anyone know of any other clubs that i have forgoten or not heard of please let me know.

supafly

Definitely NOT a Chav!
Jul 5, 2005
stoke
www.unrealpaintball.co.uk
Steve we have air on site but only through BOC tanks at the moment. Usually give a good fill to about 2.5 K we have a few dive tanks for people to top off on though so can cater for compressed air users no problem.

We have a head for the society but he also manages a campus bar so is busy as hell at the moment with freshers ariving and everything. There are another few lads up for helping out aswell though so as soon as we have let them recover from freshers fortnight (seems like a month!) antics we will let you know their contact details etc...

Off the top of my head I cant remember the Staffs contact but will hunt him down and pass his details on too.

Right im off to the pub. Hectic days marshalling today and need beer to take my mind off my bruises :p

Steve Hancock

Free man!
Aug 7, 2003
Birmingham (UK)
students.bugs.bham.ac.uk
Originally posted by supafly
...Right im off to the pub. Hectic days marshalling today and need beer to take my mind off my bruises :p
Mmmm - beer. Beer good!

Sorry, hard to post comstructively (or spell) after drinking.

You said "...we have air on site but only through BOC tanks at the moment" do you have plans to get a compressor at some point? If we were looking at holding an inter-uni it would be good to have HPA on tap, for those with gas-hog markers. Not a major issue but just wondering as you said "at the moment".

Originally posted by Steve Hancock
My thoughts exactly. Someone was looking at getting a club going, don't know if they had any joy though.
There was talk of a joint manchester "uni's" team for the Inter-uni 5man that was gona happen back in March. None of the manc uni's could get enough players themselves so they looked at putting in a merged team. So there are (or at least were) peeps there who are intreseted in uni paintball.

-EDD