Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Inter-University 5 Man Sup Air

Lo Scannacristiani

PMGWC #47
Dec 7, 2004
The 'Nam
Visit site
I can see where bothsides are coming from here but in defence of the new proposed rule form Charlie I just like to add that changing the rule would make setting up a 'uni' team alot more easy. Im currently trying to set up a team at De Montfort in Leicester but its very hard to get a team of experienced players together all i have are a punch of punter who just want to play soldiers. If the rule was changed i could go to Leicester uni and recruit some players from there. That way everyone wins I get a team and you boys get a new to mow down on the field :D

Mario

Pigeon amongst the cats
Sep 25, 2002
Location, Location.
only one problem i see here...
your asking students to get off their asses and organise?! your damned i tells ya! daaammmmnnneeddd!!!!!!

Steve Hancock

Free man!
Aug 7, 2003
Birmingham (UK)
students.bugs.bham.ac.uk
Originally posted by Lo Scannacristiani
I can see where bothsides are coming from here but in defence of the new proposed rule form Charlie I just like to add that changing the rule would make setting up a 'uni' team alot more easy. Im currently trying to set up a team at De Montfort in Leicester but its very hard to get a team of experienced players together all i have are a punch of punter who just want to play soldiers. If the rule was changed i could go to Leicester uni and recruit some players from there. That way everyone wins I get a team and you boys get a new to mow down on the field :D
A recball club is a good way to recruit people in to tourney ball, most people progressed in to it that way anyway. I would suggest bringing a few of the wanabe soldiers recballing a few times and get a club going then invite the keen ones along for a bit of sup'air. Our local site NPF runs Sup'air sundays, tourney paintball equivilkant of a kick around in the park. We brought a few along to that and got them in to it that way. The inter uni would be a good way as well.

Almost every club has a recball core, i think it would be very hard to run a solely tournament club from the word go, and even once you have got it going it may help to have a recball club to get people in to it first.

Steve Hancock

Free man!
Aug 7, 2003
Birmingham (UK)
students.bugs.bham.ac.uk
I'm going to call round today to get a list of who will be playing.

If you definately have a team send a cheque for £100 payable to "BUGS" to:

The University of Birmingham Paintball Club
C/o the Guild of Students
Edgbaston Park Road
Birmingham
B15 2TU

We are running this as a non vated event so can't supply VAT invoices, but can supply regular invoices in neccesary.

The deadline willl probabley be a week before the event, so don't drag your heels.

And Mario...

your right :)

AJermstad2

Almighty Member
Originally posted by Mario
only one problem i see here...
your asking students to get off their asses and organise?! your damned i tells ya! daaammmmnnneeddd!!!!!!
LMFAO!!

Your so right...:rolleyes:...I'm surprised any of us get out of bed to make it to lectures in time!.......Hang on a sec, what time is it? 12:54pm? Well.....there's always next weeks 11am lecture
:D

That's what I get for living above a union subsidised pub!!!

AJermstad2

Almighty Member
Steve

Sorry forgot to ask:

Is the £100 just entry for the 5 man team? Any paint inluded?

Just so I can sell it to the members,

How many games roughly?
How much will paint cost?
Are there air and co2 facilities for those who bring their own kit?
If you don't bring your own kit is the tippmann rental included?
Is lunch included?
Are there prizes?
What's the actual format? ie. how limited is the paint etc.

And anything else you feel might be relavent.

Cheers.

Steve Hancock

Free man!
Aug 7, 2003
Birmingham (UK)
students.bugs.bham.ac.uk
Steve

Is the £100 just entry for the 5 man team?
Yes
Any paint included?
No
How many games roughly?
Depends on the number of teams that enter, but no less than 6 and no more than 10.
How much will paint cost?
Provisional price will be £30 for a box of 2000 Victory Performance.

Are there air and co2 facilities for those who bring their own kit?
Air - yes, compressor with 3000 and 4500 outputs. CO2 - I'll have to check. They have big CO2 bottles at the main safe area, but I don't know if they have them up by the tourney fields. I should be able to sort it if necessary, but worst case is they can borrow some of our club's 3000 psi presets.
If you don't bring your own kit is the tippmann rental included?
Yes, and mask if needed.
Is lunch included?
Yes, a hotdog, or veggie, chicken, or beef burger is included. Players can bring their own drinks or buy them. 50p a can I think.
Are there prizes?
Possibly, nothing confirmed yet.
What's the actual format? i.e. how limited is the paint etc.
A hopper (of no more than 200 balls each) per person, plus 3 pots (of no more than 140 balls each) per team distributed as the captain sees fit. I you have small hoppers or pots you don't get extra pots.

It will be centre flag, exact points allocation to be confirmed, but plenty of points for eliminations and flag grabs to give the less experienced teams a better chance to pick up some points. I'll announce this once I’ve had a chance to figure it out thoroughly.
And anything else you feel might be relevant.
There should be a fairly balanced mix of ability so no-one should get stomped on all day, there will be at least a few other teams of their level and there will plenty of chance to take point from the top teams too. :D