The Home Of European Paintball

Inter university Tourney

Tony - Stupid Troopers

NorTees massive!
Jul 11, 2001
NorTees
Visit site
about Marshalling.....

i'll have a word with both my new team (JCS INFERNO) and my old team (STUPID TROOPERS) about marshalling. if there's going to be 3 fields and 5 man, you need about 5 - 6 marshalls/field.

Perhaps the best way to do it would be self marshall? (ie have teams who aren't playing a round of games marshall, this has worked quite well in the past at bullys events, however if there's alot of inexperienced teams it might not be such a good idea)

do all the members of a team have to be from the same uni? i'm thinking a Stupid Troopers reunion team would be quite effective......:D

i'll what i can do about marshalls and let you know.

Alex Hicks.

Just your average lunatic
Jul 14, 2001
Loughborough
Visit site
Don't think self marshal would work. Can you imagine DUPS or Portsmouth marshalling let alone newbie teams on their first outing. I say a player has to have at least a years experience playing tourneys before they are ready to marshal preferably two. Played tournaments before with inexperienced calls and it is a nightmare (judges don't anticpate moves, are often in the wrong places, excessively call players neutral and don't often have the balls to make calls like 1 for 1's or penulty points. You also get ones scared of the paint). I think a troopers reunion team would be a bit excessive as most teams are going to have a maximum of two three tourney players on and most are going to be complete rookies. I know for a start Bath doesn't have any tourney players other than myself. And I only know of the above two teams on the tourney circuit.

Acidd_UK

Oct 12, 2001
York
Visit site
DATE!!!!

Argh, cant you make it a bit earlier (say in June). I dont know about other unis, but York will have been broken up for 2 weeks by then and there's no way ppl are gonna come back from home to play a tourney (esp since I live in Dorset). Please help! I can't miss this!

Tom, sobbing in dispair

Tony - Stupid Troopers

NorTees massive!
Jul 11, 2001
NorTees
Visit site
okay i'm starting to look into the marshalling, but the most i think i'll be able to get will be about 10. so that's enough for 2 fields. You'll need some more marshalls for the other field. Unless your happy with reducing the number of marshall per field?

i was only joking about the reunion team.......although if there's going to be prizes.......:D

At last from the DUPS

Sorry Guys I didn't see this string!

I am Richard Kirke, secretary of the Durham University Paintbal Society. We have been having problems putting a team together this year, and the work has managed to keep all our heads down recently. With Alex Having to leave Durham, the tournament plans were handed over to Dan, who has not been able to do anything towards it, though I have been in contact with 6E and was awaiting talking to Steve Bull on the 17th. Our plan was to have the tournament in Early June. Would teams be intersting in attending two events? If they would be then I shall continue persuing running a June evet.

Rich, it apears that you have put together a tournament. Fantastic, I hope that the DUPS will be able to put a team together (we will let you know as soon as we can confirm). I did not realise that there was more than one person trying to organise this at once.

Well done mate, that's a lot of work you have done and will do paintball a great deal of good. This is a huge step towards BUSA acknowlegement, which in turn should result in more University support.

If you are still strugling for more marshals, contact the DUPS ( paintball.society@dur.ac.uk ) because we have had a number of offers of marshals.

Richard

Rich S

Platinum Member
Jan 17, 2002
Jersey
after speaking to bully we came to the idea of the tourney in july as at that time all exams should be over, their still might be exams un june. also there might be players on uni teams who are playing toulouse so a bit earlier might mess up their training.
we will pay marshalls.

i have an idea.

as their are unis who are vesting interest all over the country if there are players who can not get to the site they might be able to share travel with players from their area. Tom, pompy will take a mini bus so if you could get to portsmouth you could join us up to the site. this can be done all over the country if needed.

rich

Rich S

Platinum Member
Jan 17, 2002
Jersey
JERSEY PEOPLE IS HARD BUT THE FERRY FROM JERSEY TO PORTSMOUTH ONLY COSTS ABOUT £40-50 QUID.
AND THEY CAN COME WITH US THE REST OF THE WAY.

OTHER WISE WE HAVE TO SEE WHO HAS EXAMS AND WHEN AS WELL AS ORGANISE ANOTHER SITE - WE DO HAVE THIS SITE IN ANCESTER CHEAP.
BULLY HAS ALSO SAID THAT WE CAN USE THE PUNTER GUNS FOR TEAMS WITH OUT EQUIPMENT.

Alex Hicks.

Just your average lunatic
Jul 14, 2001
Loughborough
Visit site
Richard perhaps if you guys organised a practise rather than a tourney in June, giving the newbie teams a chance to see what a sup' air field looks like. Try and get an experienced team or two to run it as a training day. Two inter uni tourneys would just cause confusion and conflicts of interest.