Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Inter university Tourney

Flash-Bugout

doin' other stuffs
Jul 6, 2001
need to get hold of Tank for an exit
Hi Richard(s)! :p

RK: Regarding a June event - it may be worthwile doing something Sup'Air based (or if not, at least concept based) as a kind of 'Taster' tourney, for those uni's who have no tourney/concept experience.

AND it gives you something to put on your CV also ;)

Watch out for a website, coming soon, about the Inter-Uni Tourney........

Practice Day

Hmm, a practice day, sounds like a good idea. If we ran a uni's training day at 6E (up north near (ish) to Durham) how many people would be interested?

I wouldn't want a conflict of interests, I want the uni tourney to become the BUSA tourney, (BTW has BUSA been invited to observe?). We could do some drills and play a round robbin/nockout compo of games or something, would be interesting. If peopel are up for that, I'll try and find someone to run (or the DUPS/6E could depending on where/when).

I'll need to talk to the rest of the society and to 6E about things.

But if teams (particularly up North) are intersted in a Sup'air training day then please let me know

Richard

Acidd_UK

Oct 12, 2001
York
Visit site
York would definatly be up for that Richard! Make it as early in June as possible though as we have exams in mid June.

Also, could you put up a team for Roses?

Tom

Rich S

Platinum Member
Jan 17, 2002
Jersey
i'll be talking to BUSA tomorrow when i am free so i will be able to tell you tomorrow night what busa have to say.
also flash is doing a web site and will be running soon.
stay tuned.

Rich S

Platinum Member
Jan 17, 2002
Jersey
also with the entry costs you will get something like a free t-shirt for every player, or cap - something to say that you played the tourney.

also for the rules i am thinking that each player may take out a hopper and and the team may only take out a total of 11 pots, there for enabling the back players to do their job properly.

i will be speaking to the paint suppliers tomorrow about what deals theymay be able to provide.

Rich S

Platinum Member
Jan 17, 2002
Jersey
busa are sending me a package about getting p8ntball recognised by busa, (one requirement is that we have 22 unis wanting to play - spread the word of this tourney), but i thnk we can do this. they have also said that they will send people to see this tourney in action if speak to them closer to the event.
this means that players will need to follow busa guidlines about playing - see you sports organiser to look at busa book - generally it is some one who is in uni (not graduated unless in post grad courses or sabb position), some one who is member of the union, affiliated to the club, etc. lifetime members will not be allowed - we have to follow busa guidelines if we want to join.

paint sponsorship - i am waiting to here from powerball - they will not have a trade stand but are looking into a paint deal - i will at least organise some thing where preordered paint will be cheaper or something.

looking at the string there will be about 15+ teams playing as pompy will have 2+ and i suspect others will have 2+, this will give us 2 groups or more enabling re-seeding in the afternoon session, and will enable games to run concurrently - both will start at the same time - if a team is not ready when needed then the opposition will get the points.

a basic set of rules will be created and will be put on the web site http://inter-uni.netfirms.com soon. (notice how much it will be like the millennium rules mixed with euro indoor rules with our own inputs)

write to me here or email me at upsupball@yahoo.com