The Home Of European Paintball

Ion Macroline too short for reg?

aran

Enter the Dragon
Aug 15, 2005
London
Visit site
Tom

Tom Just a quick note: Ive received your cash and all items will be sent tommorow :)
And that is very very generous of you to send some macroline but im just waiting upon a PM from matt to see if he has the correct sized macroline that can be sent along with the reg if not ill see what we can sort out :)

Cheers everyone for your help mcuh appreciated.

Lets just wait for the reg to come and see what happens from then on.

Aran;)

Dskize

I Would
Dec 6, 2004
Duntryin
Originally posted by bulldog2k
2 sizes? Not easily, you can't

Aran, as far as I know, thast's not a Dynasty reg - it's a standard vert max-flo. This is not an LPR which is a secondary additional reg that most shockers do not have, much to some others' chagrin
just to confirm - that the reg is a standard vert maxflo its just in a matching anno/style as it comes with the Dynasty shocker - I ve had one and never even looked at the elbow size i just ordered macroline from planet and chucked it in

Originally posted by Dskize
just to confirm - that the reg is a standard vert maxflo its just in a matching anno/style as it comes with the Dynasty shocker - I ve had one and never even looked at the elbow size i just ordered macroline from planet and chucked it in
What pressure is going through the macroline??

This is important because normal macroline is NOT rated for 800PSI. (in fact 800 PSI is above the burst pressure of standard macroline)

Dskize

I Would
Dec 6, 2004
Duntryin
Originally posted by John C
What pressure is going through the macroline??

This is important because normal macroline is NOT rated for 800PSI. (in fact 800 PSI is above the burst pressure of standard macroline)
i used this

Super Sprint Hose 1/4 Inch Kit (Blue Hose) from planet

but have also used what holmbush sells as 'macroline'

and the line from CP kits

with a PMI EVIL HP preset which is 800-850 i believe - is this wrong ?- at the mo ive got this stuff on my XSV I though it was all as Tom said 'Industry standard'

i havnt ever come across a site (that i can remember) that states you cant use there macroline on HP tanks I always just order what they call macroline ive never specified a size

Macroline is all the same in the 1/4 inch flavour. It is not rated for 800PSI.

Macroline was introduced by Smart Pants to connect to their max flow systems, those systems dont give out alot of pressure.

Of course the retailers wont tell you the air fittings they are selling you are not rated for the job you are using them for.

But (if they have any sense) they also wont tell you that they are suitable for 850psi, because they arent.

Dskize

I Would
Dec 6, 2004
Duntryin
so were all - or a large percentage of us - using underated macroline on our markers - which is potentially very dangerous?.

Lovetone

Peter Pan of Paintball
Feb 25, 2005
Manchestoh
www.myspace.com
yes thats right

hence why i invested in tom allens fittings in the past and will do so in the future, his elbows etc work to 4000psi, and the macroline is rated to 900psi safe pressure (correct me if wrong tom)

worth the extra few pennies imho

Ian