Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

ion or pm5?

Echowitch

Southern Pirates
as i said its not for me its for a newby so i was just wondaring if he got i pm5 would he be biting off more than he can chew?
I don't see how. And it would depend on what you mean by that comment.

Do you mean is he spending more than he should for a newbie ? No, starter tourny costs are around a few hundred for initial setup and the marker he'd be getting for that amount is a very good deal. Is he personally stretching himself more than he can....only he can really answer that !!

Or do you mean should he start with a low end marker before progressing to a higher end one ? The comparison isn't the same as we aren't talking about the difference between a moped and a Lambourghini here. He's not liable to be unable to handle the increased raw power of a Lambourghini PM5 and accidentally plow in to a bus full of nun's killing them and himself.

:)

Im sure with a PM5 he'll be fine :)

KitsuneAndy

Platinum Member
PM5's are dirt cheap at the moment, easy to maintain, excellent customer service from Dye/Proto and they'll keep up with the best of them.

I picked up a PM5 with Ultralite frame for £150 not so long ago, don't feel any need to upgrade to anything newer at the moment.

gvhp28

gvhp
Jun 16, 2007
ions are good starter guns i have one and they are very reliable mine is2nd hand i had it for half a yeari done tournys and training and used every weekend in the woods and hasnt broken ONCE!!! and if you do break one WTF!!! u must be hitting it with a hammer or summit????
buuut pm5 rip better look nicer but are more expensive my m8 has one and it for some reson rejects yellow paint but im sure thats just his:)

Rich ECI

London ECI.
Nov 10, 2006
ions are good starter guns i have one and they are very reliable mine is2nd hand i had it for half a yeari done tournys and training and used every weekend in the woods and hasnt broken ONCE!!! and if you do break one WTF!!! u must be hitting it with a hammer or summit????
buuut pm5 rip better look nicer but are more expensive my m8 has one and it for some reson rejects yellow paint but im sure thats just his:)
as i said some Ion's people never have problems with, however some go wrong almost every single tourny people play, i know some! They have also been known to snap in half on an occasion or two, but then ive seen some pics of some pretty mangled higher end markers too...