Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

ION upgrade

Manic Monk said:
slight side note i know but this seems like the best place for it. Ions high or low pressure air? or dont it matter?
the ion can work on both hp and lp and adjustable, some markers such as angels can have problems with hp but IONs run on it fine, in fact personally I would recommend it

This is for a number of reasons, the two main ones being you will have less shoot down to do with the hp reg, and hp bottles can be used on most guns other than some such as angels but not all guns can run on lp (eg mechs)

The best bottle I can recommend is a 5000 psi, 1.1 litre hp for an ION, 5000 psi is better imo just in case you get a flash fill or the air heats up increasing the pressure above the 4500 you can fill it to, a 1.1 is also better for me personally since they can hold a lot more than a 0.8 and are about the right size for most people if used with a normal rail or mini drop. The other main thing is you should make sure you get a fibre wrapped bottle since these are a lot lighter than the steel alternatives

Cross fire or pmi tanks will both serve you will, as I said I have a 1.1 litre 5000psi and hp, or an decent adjustable reg such as a max flow or angel air, but these do cost more

If there is anything else I could help you with feel free to ask me

-Mat,

yeah i know its a long post its just copied and pasted from one i made eariler

Emo~kid

Paint magnet
Apr 20, 2006
I'll probably want to get a barrel fairly early on, but no idea what length i shoud get

also what asa would people recommend, what do they do (noob question i know, but hey, i AM a noob)

Lucky

Platinum Member
Sep 1, 2004
rochester, UK
Emo~kid said:
I'll probably want to get a barrel fairly early on, but no idea what length i shoud get

also what asa would people recommend, what do they do (noob question i know, but hey, i AM a noob)
"Spend your money on paint" ! ! !
I know that the very first thing that you want to do is upgrade your gun, but the Ion works fine out of the box. Switch the feedneck to something like a Q-lock and change the bottom line to an on/off version, then go and play:cool:

In all honesty for every recomendation on here, there will be another that opposes it. So get your Ion running and then leave it alone and spend the money on learning to play better.
Once you find that your marker is holding you back, "THEN" start to upgrade it, you may even find that you will want a better marker and if that is the case then you haven't spent hundreds of pounds, upgrading a lump of Korean plastic that will lose money badly on.
Don't get me wrong, i personally have an Ion too, but mine is stock apart from a QEV, Q-lock, and bottom line and a little bit of fiddling with.....and to be honest "I'm never outgunned on the field" just merely shot to sh*t thru lack of ability:D