Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Ionman 15th July 2007

luke@york

pillagin a village near u
May 16, 2005
york
Visit site
yeah had a great day as well, great job done by the organisors setting everything up, really good fields as well except the dark one with the undulating ground and no cover lol :)

Russell Smith

The Paintball Association
another excellent event. Well done to Manc Lions and Fusion. Well deserved 1st/2nd place. Best games of the day were against yous 2 even though we lost one and drew the other. Great stuff.
You lost them both, the scores got changed in the last game after we had hung the flag because of the way the flag was took form the base!
There was still live players on the field and they should have been allowed to carry on.

But to let a small mistake ruin a great day is foolish, just as I was when I went mad after the last game, it was not deserved and I apologised to Chris personally and to everyone else at the presentation.

But the biggest gripe has to be to the teams who had booked in to play and not turn up or even be arsed to call and tell the organiser they were not coming.
The site set up six fields arranged for the food supply to be adequate for about 100 people expected on site, he also brought in extra refs to manage the booked in teams.
Every one has an extra cost implication to the site.
The revenue generated by entries was at best £1600 and the out goings on prizes alone was well in excess of that so by not turning up you have without doubt cost Chris money when he is only trying to run a woodland tournament for the players who are either old school (like myself) or trying the transition from rec-ball to a tournament environment.

A thousand pound cash in prizes for one division.
5 brand new Smart Parts Ion's for the winner of the novice division.
A raffle prize of another new gun (I Won :))
A team Air system (worth £3000) for the 3 event winner

And teams still can not be bothered to turn up.:mad:

Russ.

TinFish

Retired Baller
Nov 13, 2006
Northumberland
www.killstarz.com
Russ, I think time was practically up when your guy hung the flag anyway and that is why the 2 live players werent alowed to carry on.

anywho, well done on your 2nd successive Ionman win, hopefully, you guys will be back up to defend your crown for Ionman 3.

Shadlad

Platinum Member - Lifetime
Aug 16, 2006
Newcastle
Russ always good to have you there and even better Gillie didn't have a long walk home lol.

Yeah Ionman 3 is still on for the 30th Sept with the only difference deposits must be made and no team word can be taken as bond.

As Russ says it cost me to run these events, I have not set them up to make money, but to give you lot a great day of woodsball with great prizes. The more teams we get in the future the more prizes will be given out.

We still have to sort out the Paramina air system prize for the series so still more interesting play to come.

Thanks to Go Ballistic for sponsoring the event with the call centre and the fliers they have provided.

Hope you guys liked the pens as all the "Go Ballistic" booking office details are on there.

Big thanks again for the support from the teams there (good day) and hopefully you'll be back again soon.

Shadlad

Platinum Member - Lifetime
Aug 16, 2006
Newcastle
More teams take note here, make fault up with transport call AA / Rac get free lift home (save on fuel) and be able to get home legally after a few swift pints in the pub after a game of ball.