The Home Of European Paintball

Is paintball a sport

balf

Mr Fantastico
May 20, 2006
Stealing Al's PC parts
I really wouldn't believe it.
We are a hotbed for lunatics :)
TBH I think it's more ignorance rather than lunatics, if I hadn't studied sport for 2 years I too would think we qualified as a sport where as we are, at most, a sporting activity.....well maybe we are a hotbed for lunatics...but in terms of this topic i feel it's more ignorance to the facts...I mean, Me, Al21784 and Khanzo are still around.....

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
TBH I think it's more ignorance rather than lunatics, if I hadn't studied sport for 2 years I too would think we qualified as a sport where as we are, at most, a sporting activity.....well maybe we are a hotbed for lunatics...but in terms of this topic i feel it's more ignorance to the facts...I mean, Me, Al21784 and Khanzo are still around.....
Aha !!!
At last, a superb description, and finally a practical classification of paintball .....a 'sporting activity'....hmm, now why didn't I think of that myself, well done Maestro Balf, that is by far the best way of appreciating paintball.

PS Before any wannabbee semantic experts (or nerds) wanna jump on the above and contest paintball now being a sport because it's been described as a 'sporting activity' ...spare your blushes !
It's a point of subtlety but nontetheless the distinction can be drawn ...and if you don't believe me, Balf will explain ... I've done my bit in that department :)

TheNakedPlayer

Platinum Member
Jan 2, 2009
I swear i have seen kate gleave from splat in a bikini telling us that paintball is bigger than rugby.. then again.. i was just drewling..
i was speaking to bobby aviles from aftermath and he said in the US theres a site every 3-4 miles in cali and florida etc.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
I swear i have seen kate gleave from splat in a bikini telling us that paintball is bigger than rugby.. then again.. i was just drewling..
i was speaking to bobby aviles from aftermath and he said in the US theres a site every 3-4 miles in cali and florida etc.
I been to Cali and Florida untold times and that just ain't true mate!

Mactoshdog

LIKES RED
Oct 12, 2008
North East, Sunderland
iv had this argument.
i do AS PE in college, i did 3 parts of my coursework on the history and tactics of paintball, only for them to say its not a sport.
so after showing them vids of tornys, and showing that it fits in with the definition of sport, the exam board sent them an e-mail say "regarless to the proof provided, the exam board will not reconise paintball as a sport, but rather as a recriation"
at which point i kicked off big style asking why they had let me waist several month of my time, so they agreed to give my 13/15 for my coureswork, but i have to now change the sport.

Paintball_Mad

Element
Apr 29, 2007
Dorset
iv had this argument.
i do AS PE in college, i did 3 parts of my coursework on the history and tactics of paintball, only for them to say its not a sport.
so after showing them vids of tornys, and showing that it fits in with the definition of sport, the exam board sent them an e-mail say "regarless to the proof provided, the exam board will not reconise paintball as a sport, but rather as a recriation"
at which point i kicked off big style asking why they had let me waist several month of my time, so they agreed to give my 13/15 for my coureswork, but i have to now change the sport.
What exam board allowed you that? I'm doing the OCR course and they just give you a list of all sports you can choose from and thats the end of it. Paintball isn't a sport on there fyi. Or anywhere actually. Set rules, governing bodies, offical tournaments, plans etc etc... All of which we don't have. If we become a sport in 4 years time we will be lucky I think.

Mactoshdog

LIKES RED
Oct 12, 2008
North East, Sunderland
What exam board allowed you that? I'm doing the OCR course and they just give you a list of all sports you can choose from and thats the end of it. Paintball isn't a sport on there fyi. Or anywhere actually. Set rules, governing bodies, offical tournaments, plans etc etc... All of which we don't have. If we become a sport in 4 years time we will be lucky I think.
the exam board didnt let me as such...

my teacher just kinda said "shut up about it and you can have 13"
so i did.
and i dont know what exam board it was :eek:
Edexel rings a bell though...